4 Come See Hamilton?

"Come see Hamilton tonight, please?" Lin asks as he moves to grab the red pen out of (Y/n)'s hand.

"Lin I would love to, except I have these papers to grade, I think my students want their tests back by Monday, and if I go I'll be behind."

"Then let me help you grade them! Just please come see the show,"

"...fine...let me go get the answer key scanned and then you can help. But don't bother with the written portion, I'll grade those tomorrow. Why am I friends with you again?"

"Because we both adore history and you actually enjoy my company?" Lin points out with a Cheshire grin.

"...Nope that's not it at all. I'm regretting this decision more so than ever."

"Don't be like that (Y/n/n)! Sooner we get this done the sooner we can get to Richard Rodgers and you can see the show." Lin points out.

"I thought today was a two-show day? Don't you have to be there earlier?"

"Nah...no rehearsals today, I just get to show up an hour before the matinee and I'm good to go."

"So what you're saying is if I bring food by I can see the later show? That way I can do my work in peace?" (Y/n) jokes.

"Rude! And no, you're coming with me even if you aren't done, you can just sit in my dressing room or the green room and finish grading...though I honestly think you should take a break from all of this."

"Ha, if I stop now I won't be able to get started on my actual work, that being my dissertation, I need to write more of that, and usually try to cram the grading in by tonight...but I guess that could work. Probably could use a change in scenery."

"Yes! You won't regret it I promise." Lin says before groaning as (Y/n) shoved the answer key in his hands followed by a red pen, "Okay now I'm regretting helping with these. Why don't you use those scantron things?"

"Because sometimes students actually like writing on the tests to help them think. Take Isabella here, she...wrote little things in the margins as her way to remember things,"

"I guess so...but then again I'd do something like that too...don't go looking at my books they're covered in notes."

"Same here, but I find it easier. Plus I write out new tests every year, better than answers being shared, Quizlet is a big downer when it comes to that," (Y/n) says with a shrug.

"Right...now let's get started because we have an hour before we have to leave!"