36 Christmas Eve: Here's Your Present

"Shh, no you've got to keep quiet," Lin hisses to something in a box making (Y/n) glance up from her writing Christmas cards.

"Uh, Lin...is everything okay there?" (Y/n) calls out confused only to hear small sounds of whining and Lin trying to keep whatever it was quiet.

"YES! EVERYTHING IS FINE, DON'T MIND ME...NOTHING TO SEE HERE!" came Lin's voice as he shuffled quickly into the guess room and bathroom making her look on in confusion.

Getting up (Y/n) tried opening the door, "Lin-Manuel Miranda what did you just bring into this apartment?" she demands only to hear barking causing her to gasp. "LIN IS THAT A PUPPY BARKING!?"

"Shit...uh...well there goes tomorrow's present..." Lin says sheepishly as he opened the door, the sounds of paws hitting the wooden floor moving away and over to where (Y/n) stood frozen. "This is your present...I figured since I'm going to be gone...a dog might be better company?"

"Lin..that's a puppy....a genuine puppy, like living breathing...oh my gosh hello little one..." (Y/n) coos as she moves to sit down the pup racing to get the attention.

"Well, she's actually fully grown...figured it'd be easier to have one that's potty trained and all that."

"But they're so small~yes you are," (Y/n) coos.

"Well she is a terrier-mix, and she's a sweetheart really...I'd been looking for the past few months..." Lin admits.

"Lin I love her, what's her name...no don't chew my hair please," she says tugging her hair up.

"Well, I was thinking we call her Betsy or something? Cause well Hamilton brought us together, and-"

"That's a perfect name, hello Betsy, you are such a sweetheart like your daddy said huh?" she coos, "I'm your new mama and daddy is the best in the world, though he does sing quite a bit so you best get used to it..." she coos at the dog lifting it up and moving to give Lin a kiss. "Best Christmas Eve present ever!" she tells him happily.

"It sure is...don't know how I'll top it though," he admits.

"I'm not sure anything could top us getting a dog," (Y/n) admits with a wide grin. "Thank you so much Lin,"

"You're welcome (Y/n), I love you," Lin says softly moving to wrap his arms around the two.

"And I love you too Lin, Happy Christmas, to our new family member!"

"To our new family member that Twitter kinda already knows about," Lin says fast.

"Wait Twitter knew!? How could they keep this from me?" (Y/n) pouts.

"Cause they actually listen to me and suggested different shelters,"

"Well good on them, and Betsy here will be the star of everything from now on!"

"Yup, can't wait to see your page turn into a dog page..."

"Oh! That's a good idea, set up this pups Instagram Lin! Fans would love it! We could start with-" (Y/n) started to ramble as the new family of three enjoyed the evening and Christmas the next day.