28 It's Summer, Now What?

(Y/n) let out a sigh as she laid on Lin's couch in his dressing room while he typed at some emails as well as got ready for the show. Sighing louder Lin finally caught the hint and glanced up. "What's wrong?"

"I know it's summer and I don't have work...but that's the thing! I finished my dissertation, so I don't have any kind of research to do and don't know how else to spend my time!" she points out blowing her hair as it had gotten in her face.

"Well...I don't know what to tell you, but you're always welcome to come to see the show again if you want to, and hanging out here which you've been doing. I'm sorry I'm not much company but these emails have to get done,"

"Yes I know, and I won't stop you, I just have to find something else to do...and as much as I love seeing the show I don't want to see it every day all summer, of course, I'll see your last one though, I just figured maybe I could find something to do here but no luck."

"You could help with the merch table in the front during the show?" Lin suggests, "They always need extra hands, especially when there are so many people on two-show days,"

"Wait really? I'd love to do that, I still have to figure out what I want to get...I've been meaning to buy some of the merch to put up in the classroom."

"...You only had to ask, I can get you a whole bunch of them-"

"No, I want to pay for them, I think so of them might look fun in the classroom like make them into a quilt or something to hang up..."

"You want to buy them to cut them up!? No, you're getting all of them without paying, I am not letting you spend that much on stuff I have loads of, also I didn't know you quilt."

"Oh I don't...my uh my mom does. She always asks me to send her band t-shirts as she adds onto a quilt I have back in Cali, where all the tours I've gone to I get a band shirt and she adds it on. If I ask her she'll make one for Hamilton."

Lin's eyes seem to light up, "Can I request her to make one for me as well?"

"I mean...I suppose so? She knows about us, and she's been dying to meet you...we have a weekly Skype call on Wedsnedays...if you'd want to join in? I can see if she's available earlier since you've got a show obviously,"

"Yes! I'd love to meet your mother, and request quilts, I love quilts!"

"Then that's what we'll do...you sure you're ready to meet my mother? She gets a bit...into my relationships, I've been burned a few times so she's overprotective...and seeing as my dad died a few years ago she takes the whole 'hurt my daughter I will hurt you' seriously." (Y/n) tells Lin as he moves to her side making her sit up, his arms snaking around her.

"Well not to brag, but I know better than Alexander Hamilton to cheat on a partner," he whispers. "And I am far too in love with you to call it quits," he tells her softly.

"I love you too," (Y/n) whispers, moving to kiss his cheek only for him to turn his head making it a full kiss or make-out session between the two. They got interrupted by a squeal from the doorway making them break apart with red cheeks as the Schuyler Sisters were there smirking with photos, clearly having taken pictures.

"You guys are just too cute!" Came Jazzy's voice from the doorway.

(Y/n)'s cheeks pinken even more as she makes a move to hide only for Lin to stop her, "Okay, okay quit embarrassing my girlfriend, is it time to get going already?"

"Yeah looks like Leslie isn't the only one who has to rush today," Pippa teases, "Don't wait any longer," she calls out as Lin moves to shut the door.

"Guess you should get ready...and I shall go figure out something to do with my time, might find a new book to read..."

"If it's a biography let me know if it's any good!" Lin tells her.

"So you can write another musical? I dunno, I might keep it to myself," (Y/n) teases before leaning to peck his lips, "I'll see you tonight if you're still coming over after the show..."

"Of course, wouldn't miss out on your Pasta all Norma, gotta love how you do those eggplants,"

(Y/n) laughs and shakes her head, "Okay okay, don't rush out though, at least give the fans some attention at the stage door, I'll see you later, love you!" she calls out to him as he waves her off.

______

A/N: Only two chapters left (unless there's requests of things because I am clueless at what else to write)