45 Telling (Y/n)'s Mom

"Okay, so we're going to LA cause you're doing the one show what was it?" (Y/n) says as she gathers things to pack away.

"Ducktales," Lin says as he moves to set clothes into the bag. "And it's for a week with you, then a few weeks once you fly back for school," he points out.

"But during it we can talk with my mom, right? I mean I know we still have to tell your parents, and I don't even have a bump yet-"

"And we will, but since we'll be in LA we can actually tell your mom in person," Lin points out moving to take her hands, "Don't stress about it okay? We've got this,"

"Sorry. It's just so much we have to plan for, and then the wedding plans are going to have to stop..."

"And that's okay, we can wait longer to get married, then this baby can be our little flower girl or ring bearer," he says softly moving to kiss her head, "Don't worry querida, everything will work out," he points out softly.

"You're right...okay I'm calm..." (Y/n) says taking a deep breath and shooting him an apologetic smile.

Lin chuckles and shakes his head, "I know you're trying, it's a lot, you'll be better off not stressing at all now,"

"Yeah okay, it's hard not to, I have to rearrange quite a few things, we've got to clear out the storage room we've got here, meaning-" she was cut off by Lin's lips and a few sides rubs from him.

"Stop, no more thinking, just smile and be happy in this moment. I will handle everything concerning the baby room, you just figure out how you want it laid out okay?" he tells her softly.

"Okay, now we should get going, I've packed enough," (Y/n) says softly.

_______

"Mama!" (Y/n) cries out her arms wrapping around her mother who kisses her cheek with a wide grin.

"Oh my darling daughter it's so good to see you, let me see the ring! Oh, it's lovely, looks so much better in person than on a video," her mother coos. "Hello Lin! I've got the room set up for you both, better than a hotel right?" she points out.

"Yeah, especially since we're here for a bit longer, thanks Mrs.(Y/L/N)" Lin says as he helped get the baggage into the car.

"Nonsense, Lin I've told you to call me (Y/M/n)," (Y/n)'s mother scolds him.

"Okay okay, (Y/m/n), thank you for letting us stay, and for letting me stay when I'm here since I'll be here for the next month for work,"

"It's no bother, it'll be nice to have someone around the house, now you said you had another announcement?" she asks as they start the drive back to her house.

"Yes Mama, but we are not telling you in the car, no way,"

"Hmmm....fine..." (Y/m/n) says clearly wanting to hear the news right away.

________

The second that the bags were put away and they were sitting down on the couch her mother pounced again. "Okay, what is the news!?"

"Mama!" (Y/n) says her cheeks heating up in embarrassment, "Lin's gonna tell you just wait a second, let us sit for a bit,"

"Well I can't help it, I'm not one for waiting for news when you point out you have some news,"

Lin chuckles, "Well...let's just say...you'll be hearing the name uh (Y/n) help me out, my French isn't that good,"

(Y/n) rolls her eyes and hums "grand-mère," she says fluently.

Her mother's eyes widen as they glance from Lin to (Y/n) to her stomach before grinning, "Oh bunny I'm going to have a grandchild!" she says, "Oh I have to get making their first quilt and everything, how far along are you..." she started rattling off many questions not giving them time to actually answer it.

"Mama! Stop, we're only around seven weeks in, so it's still really soon for a lot of that. I have another appointment before I start doing teaching again, and I've been taking the right medicine and all that," (Y/n) answers trying to cover all the bases.

"We're just really happy, and can't wait."

"So the wedding?"

"Is gonna be probably late 2019...depending on Lin's schedule with everything, though we might do it in the middle of summer if it works out,"

"Right, that's all I wanted to know, I'm so happy for the two of you," (Y/m/n) says with a grin. "I can't wait to see what the future holds for you two."