23 Be My Date?

"So...I uh...would you...there's this thing..." Lin explains as he finished fluffing up his costume while (Y/n) sat on the couch in his dressing room.

"Okay? There's this thing that you want me to?" (Y/n) trails off trying to get him to finish his train of thought.

"Oh for gosh sake...Lin wants to take you to the Tony's!" Came Daveed's loud voice from the doorway.

"I was getting there!" Lin cries out, "I was trying to find the right wording to ask her! Get outta here Diggs!"

"Tony's?" (Y/n) asks, "That's like the fancy award thingy for musicals and plays right? Don't give me that look, you know I'm not familiar with everything!"

"Yes, that's the one...we were nominated for quite a bit, and I kinda needed a date...?" Lin says sheepishly.

"That's a big thing though..." (Y/n) whispers, "Like cameras and photographs...are you sure you're ready to be that open?" she asks, of course, the two had been together for a solid two months, but still.

"I've never been more sure about anything, I want to share this with you so much," Lin says darting to her side and grabbing her hands bringing them up to his lips to kiss. "Please be my date (Y/n)?" he whispers.

"...Okay...but how fancy do I have to dress? Because I do not have the most fanciest of dresses and those events are super black-tie..."

"Don't worry about that, I'll get you a dress, we can go when I have to get a suit fitted, I'm sure you'll find something," Lin brushes it off.

"Lin..no..don't do that, I'm not going to take your money for a dress. I'll find something to wear, it might not be the most-" (Y/n) starts to ramble as Lin cuts her off with a kiss to her lips.

"Shh, think of it as a present for finally being a Doctor, we never got to go out and celebrate that by just the two of us," he whispers.

Flushed by the unexpected kiss that sent tingles down her body she just nodded, "Okay...I guess that would work.."