8 What Are You Doing Here?

"Hey, Lin, what are you doing here? Don't you have a show today?" (Y/n) asks as she opens the door of her apartment to him.

"We do, but I wanted to ask you something first....uh well you see...how'd your grading go!?" Lin blurts out a bit of panic for that wasn't what he wanted to say.

"They went fine, I got most of it done, a few longer ones to grade, just the overachievers that wanted to write more...speaking of school. I wanted to ask if you'd come speak to my students tomorrow? I know it's your day off and all that, but they'd really appreciate it. I wanted to kind of see if they could get inspired by you."

"I'd do anything for you, and if it's for your students in order to get them to really be motivated then I sure will try!"

"Great! I'll text you where the school is and meet you at like seven there?" (Y/n) suggests.

"Yeah, sure...wait for seven? In the morning? That really is how early schools start don't they, shit how are they awake?"

"Some usually aren't...it's a struggle but we at least in my class get up and move around a bit to wake them up. Plus if we make things more interactive they tend to be more awake. I was hoping they could do some sort of creative outlet when we start our Civil War unit in a few weeks,"

"So like what we do with EduHam?" Lin says.

"Yeah, our principle hasn't really approved or even considered it no matter how many times I've brought it up, I know you offered, but our principle is a bit rather...old-school and it shows," (Y/n)) states.

"Hey maybe after I can go talk to him and convince him to let us do EduHam!" Lin says with a beaming smile on his face.

"If you want to, I can try to see if he will meet with me, but he might not agree to...."

"Then don't tell him it's a meeting about it, say it's something about doing some field trip or something," he suggests.

"I guess...I'll try it, but I won't guarantee that it'll work, I mean I have to let him know that I'm having a guest speaker so I can try and bring it up in that email..." (Y/.n) says with a small sigh.

"Great!" Lin says moving a bit to grin at her.

"Was that all you came here to ask? I've got cookies fresh out of the oven...if you want to stay a bit?"

Lin froze a bit and bit his lip, Chris' words echoing in his head before his phone started buzzing. Glancing at it he cursed under his breath, "I wish I could, can I take the cookies though? Pippa's sick so we need to run through with her understudy before tonights show."

"Okay okay, I'll give you cookies, but you have to share them! Don't eat them all okay?" (Y/n) says with a laugh moving to shove them in a Tupperware container. "Here, now you have an excuse to return this, possibly filled with your own baked goods as a return?" she says a bit nervously unsure if she was stepping over that line too much.

Much to her relief Lin gave her a grin and nodded, taking the Tupperware container from her, their fingers grazing each other before he cleared his throat, "Thanks I might just have to do that. And, I will share them...have a nice evening (Y/n/n)!"