29 Meeting (Y/n)'s Mom

(Y/n) glanced at the anxiously pacing Lin with a small sigh, "Okay, enough of that you're gonna give me a headache, she's gonna love you, Lin."

"You don't know that! What if she doesn't? You said she's overprotective and everything over you-" Lin starts to say his hands waving about until (Y/n) grabbed his hands to stop him.

"Lin-Manuel Miranda, you stop this, as long as you make me happy she will be fine with you, now stop moving around and sit with me!" (Y/n) says sternly, tugging him back to the couch where she was, her laptop on the coffee table waiting on Skype for her mother to call.

Lin moved to wrap his arms around her, his head burying in her shoulder with a huff. "She's gonna dislike me," he mumbles.

"Or..she'll be thrilled you're so much of an extrovert that you've brought me out of my shell," (Y/n) corrects. "Besides she already knows quite a bit about you, I don't talk to many others so she's my go-to for relationship stuff," she mumbles.

"Okay...you're right..." he says with a sigh only to tense up when the chime from her computer came on.

"Oh stop," (Y/n) mutters shoving him a bit away as she answered it, "Hi Mama!" she calls out.

"Oh hi (Y/n)! Oh and hello it's nice to meet you Lin, (Y/n)'s told me so much about you," her mother greets.

Lin's face was hard to read but he tries to give a smile, "All good things I hope?"

"Yes, and anything else was from your interviews that I looked up, seeing as (Y/n) didn't give me much to go by" her mother responds.

"Mama! You shouldn't have done that, you could have just asked-"

"Nonsense (Y/n) I wanted to be sure he would be a good match,"

(Y/n)'s cheeks flush at her mother's remark and she groans, "Lin I'm sorry, she's usually not like this...Mama, just because I'm here in New York doesn't mean you should stalk my boyfriend,"

"Alright Alright, I just had to be sure," (Y/n)'s mother says.

"I promise your daughter is in good hands, I promise to take really good care of her," Lin says moving to grab (Y/n)'s hand tightly.

"Good...that's all I ask of you to do."

The rest of the night was the three of them talking and bringing up stories mainly the one where bunny was her daughter's nickname due to an incident with their pet rabbits.