Always( epilogue) Part 111

part 1: Always (epilogue)

That night after the onerous duel the walk home was cooler than earlier that day, both girls took a slow crawl to Alix's residence. Skip ambles alongside Alix holding hands with the rebel. Alix lets her free hand swing back and forth while Skipper walks stiffly by her side. Wow this is great, I'm glad things between Skipperoo and I are better, Alix thought. She could feel a jolt of love rush through her body just thinking about her lover, she felt at ease with their relationship for the moment. Alix was ecstatic that she and her girlfriend were able to walk hand and hand again even if it was in secrecy.

Alix hoped that one day she and Skip would be able to hold hands in public like normal couples. Both girls being in a lesbian relationship was not the issue, it had more to do with their social status and reputations, and of course Skip's girlfriend Belladonna. Alix could feel her lips drooping into a frown just thinking about that spoiled brat. She cringes at the mere thought that Skip and Belladonna could be around each other at all times because both girls were members of the student-tutor committee.

A high school delinquent and a role model student dating, that would surely outrage the faculty and student-body from such a prestigious academy. Alix scratches her head trying to push away the nagging thoughts.

Alix looks straight ahead eyeing a row of square boxwood hedges that aligned an elegant two-story federal style home. She recognized the house because she had passed it many times, Alix then thought of her home, which was a neo-classical style house with a large peaked pediment above the entranceway. Belladonna's estate was massive with several rooms and luxury additions compared to my place. Alix could remember Belladonna's home having eight pillars, four more than her mansion.

Alix then peers at her lover. That's my girlfriend Skipper Greenmore, shes caring, smart, and a prominent student at one of the most prestigious schools in all of the Alessius region. I would be proud of her even if she wasn't all those things. But could I ever keep up with her?

Skip always seems so secretive,  she's not extroverted like most people. Alix's mind continues to run amuck with thoughts.

Skip wasn't being honest at first...

'I am a charlatan.' 

Alix's lips curl into a smile. That gentle voice, her soft but stern tone filled Alix's ears. She could hear Skip's words as clear as day, it almost felt as if she were with the periwinkle-haired girl in her abandoned home once again. I'm glad Skipper decided to come clean in the end. Alix scratches her head thinking about the night she and Skip had come to terms realizing that they both had feelings for one another.

Alix was relieved that the feelings between them were mutual. I was afraid at first that my dream girl would turn me down. Then there was that incident with her girlfriend Belladonna, that damn kiss. Alix sighs then peers over at the one she adored most, She watches as a light September breeze rustles through periwinkle locks during an Indian summer night. Soon the nights will become colder and the days will be shorter.  Alix thought. She disliked the winter months because there was more school time scheduled than the warmer months.

Alix gazes at Skipper who appears to be lost in thought herself. She could see her comrade's icy blue bedroom eyes were fixated on the path made of pavement ahead as they hobnobbed through a ritzy neighborhood. It was your typical gated community, all of the mansions had identical designs including a patio and a pool. Alix smiles, maybe she was thinking about this new relationship of theirs a little too much,  she couldn't help it, she loved how they've grown together.

Has Skip been experiencing the same tender emotions that I have? Alix questioned herself, she felt awkward for a minute as if someone were staring intensely into her soul. When Alix came to, she realized that she was gazing into the eyes of the one she truly loved.

"Love... Love?" There, she could see Skipper peering at her with a puzzled expression, Skip appeared concerned as a worry look conquered her young face. She lifts her right brow now confused. "Darling you look unsettled," Skip says sounding slightly irritated.

I have always disliked that strange catatonic stare my girlfriend gives me, its like she has gone into a trance. Skip huffs then turn away from Alix, her eyes quickly revert back to her lover. We are quite obverse, will this relationship work? 

Skipper could see bruised sunkissed skin glistening with perspiration in the moonlight. Pink strands run astray going in every direction on Alix's head, her messy pink tresses gently sway in a light breeze. Feeling her heart flutter Skip peers at the courageous girl she grew to love.

Alix smiles, "Babe I'm fine, I was just thinking about stuff," Alix says then smirks. Skip sighs, "Yes, we are all thinking, aren't we? We all have something to get off our chest I suppose."

I wonder if that dream really meant anything, and what about evil seed... Alix started to drift away, What will become of us? I'm ready for whatever Evil Seed throws my way. She knits her brows together.

Alix's thoughts are soon interrupted by the sound of her girlfriend's gently voice. "Alix," Skip says. Alix glances over at her comrade attentively, She was slightly startled, she didn't want to seem like a creep staring at her girlfriend for too long, she knew if Skipper knew how crazy in love she was, it would scare her. It almost seemed obsessive with how much she adored Skipper. Alix always found herself mesmerized by her tutor, she'd get lost in those icy blue bedroom eyes that would gaze back with a cold stare. Alix noticed when gazing into Skipper's eyes, now they seemed adoring, Skip peers at Alix lovingly with her gaze full of admiration for the pink-haired teen.

Skipper doesn't seem like that austere bitch I met a few months ago. Alix thought.

Alix hoped that Skip would stay by her side forever, there was another issue nagging at the rebel, would Skip be able to commit to her with Belladonna still in the picture, right now everything seemed okay for the time being.

"Alix." 

Alix was snapped out of her thoughts a second time by a soft voice. "Love is everything alright?" Skip asked concerned. Alix's eyes widen. " B-Babe its nothing really," Alix answered quickly trying her best not to sound worried. She didn't want her true love to know that she was wondering about their relationship and how things were going to pan out.

Ugh, I really don't want to burden her. Alix thought. She smiles at Skipper, "Babe I'm just glad you're with me," Alix says.