Love the Art of War pt19part 86

That night Skip slept over Alix's place since Gertrude thought she was ill, she was just sensitive to spicy foods. Skip occupies one of the seven guestrooms in Alix's moderate mansion.

Skip lays in a soft warm bed snuggled deep in thick blankets, even though they were having a few weeks of an Indian summer, the nights were starting to become chilly with brisk winds. Skip nestles down into her plush pillow and drifts off to sleep.

Downstairs Alix grits her teeth doing her best to control her temper, she restrains herself feeling her blood boil, Alix was eager to yell at her mother.

 "Mom why can't you ground me next year, come on, I promise I won't cut classes anymore," Alix begs. Gertrude sits comfortably in an armchair in the living room eyeing the television. 

"The answer is no Alix," She says calmly.

 "Why?" Alix huffs. 

"Because, you always say that, and then you break your promise every time," Gertrude replies smugly. UGH, Alix pulls at her hair mentally. 

This is all my girlfriend's fault, but I love her. Alix thought.

"Why don't you check on Skipper, go bring her some water." Her mother suggests. 

 "Get Skip some water, she can choke for all I care."  Alix grumbles. 

Alix knew she was lying to herself, she adored that blue-haired runt too much to see her hurt or with someone else.

Skip awakes to a deep demonic voice, it was as if someone had aligned their lips to her ear. In a whisper, she heard the unknown entity utter.

"Superbia."

 Icy blue bedroom eyes open with terror. The voice was as clear as day, Skip cautiously sits up in bed wearing nothing but her white blouse. She peers around her lavish room, the puny girl scans the room seeing a desk and a few chairs with a bookshelf that sat across from her bed. Skip then glances to her right, there, she saw a nightstand that stood beside her bed with a lamp placed upon it.

There was nothing present, the unknown creature spoke once more. 

 "Superbia." It growls. 

Skip began to feel a dark presence enter her room, the air in her vicinity became heavy as a thick black smog filled her room, an eerieness took over her body as the putrid stench of sulfur invaded her nostrils. Her night light goes out on its own as a black mist suffocates her room, the mist gathers forming a looming shadow at the foot of her bed. Skip heard the creature again.

"Superbia, look into my eyes." The monster hisses. 

 There, she could see two crimson orbs glowing in the darkness, a pair of fiery red eyes stare intensely at her settled deep in a black shadow, the creature gazes intently into ice blue eyes. Skip felt faint, she reaches for her blankets to cover her face, but she could not move.

A thick substance began to drip onto the plush ecru carpet from the opaque silhouette that stood before Skipper. An abundance of red liquid seeps from the shadow.

 "Superbia, your blood is tainted." He snarls. 

Skip begins to feel her temperature rise in seconds, her blood was boiling, Skip starts to pant still eyeing the demon. Blood pours from the shadow forming a hard exterior for war, it appeared to be the armor of a samurai.

Sweat drizzles down Skip's hot face, her petite chest slowly rises then falls. She felt as if she was trapped in a fire feeling the heat from the flames.

Alix stands at the kitchen sink, she was finally going to let bygones be bygones if she could only convince that little stern bitch that she was a faithful woman. Alix places a cup under the sink faucet, she watches as the water pours into her glass. She thinks about that dream she had a week ago, where her girlfriend was being forced into a dark realm. Alix clutches the cup tightly, her head began to ache, it felt like a migraine but strange, it was a familiar feeling. 

 There must be a strong evil presence. Alix thought feeling her head pulsate at the temples.

Alix gasped.

Skip, that energy. She shouts mentally. Alix races upstairs as fast as her legs would carry her.

Skip's body temperature hits 400 degrees, her skin was turning a bright red, she felt weary and her flesh was hot to the touch. Skip's eyes became heavy with drowsiness while sweating profusely, her eyes close slowly. The child looked as if she was caught in a monsoon, she was soaked in her own natural juices with her hair laying flat to her head while in a daze.

A grey stone-like hand appears out of the potent shadow, in mid-air the creature swishes an index finger about writing something in Japanese kanji, the creature inscribes the symbol for death. The symbol glows beaming with aura energy.

Alix dashes to her tutor's guestroom, the rebel twists the doorknob but the door wouldn't budge,  it was as if the door was bolted shut. She balls her hand into a fist and bangs on the door with a heavy blow.

 " Skip." Alix hollers.

 "Dammit Skip, I'm coming." She screams. She could feel two auras, one energy was strong and the other was fading. Alix then heard a sinister laughing, but there was no one around.

 "Whose there?" Alix yells. The nefarious cackling continues while Alix panics yanking on the door that would not open.

Skip was melting away, she parts her lips to take her last breath now that her body temperature was at 405 degrees.