Hidaki's Return pt 14 Part 60

Return of Hidaki pt 14 part 60

A demonic claw penetrates flesh instead of stone, using her arm as a shield Alix blocks the stone statue throwing herself in harm's way to protect Skip's grandmother. A large black claw plunges deep into Alix's flesh. She could feel a burning sensation as it sizzled and then bubbled.  Hidaki's claw had torn the skin and began to melt becoming a black oozing goop. She felt more excruciating pain watching the claw melt into a  strange black substance that seeps deep into her open wound.

 "Arrgggh," Alix groans gritting her teeth while clutching her arm.

Skip watches her comrade suffer in awe while lying helpless in the grass.

"Damn you, you lame-ass runt," Hidaki says. He rears his foot back then thrusts it forward giving Skip a swift kick in her ribs throwing her weary body toward the river. Alix struggles to stay conscious while sweating excessively. 

Come on p- pull y- yourself t- togetherI must help Skip. Alix thought. She wobbles towards the river feeling high grass tickle her bare bruised legs. 

"S-Skip, we gotta do this, it's time to finish this battle and save Hidaki, " Alix says trying to shake off the drowsiness she felt.

Hidaki dashes after Skip's airborne body falling towards the lake, she expected to make a splash with both hands out to catch herself but Skip was surprised when her hands pressed against the hard surface of the lake.  She crashes onto an icy sheet below smashing her bottom lip on the ice. She peers around puzzled feeling warm wet blood trickle down the side of her chin seeing that the entire lake was an ice rink.  

I could have sworn there was water here a minute ago but now it's frozen solid. Skip thought.

 Feeling water below her palms Skip realized it was a summer night and the humidity was taking its toll, she must move quickly since the ice was melting. 

"Yahhhhh graaaaahhhhaaaaa." Hidaki's body ignites with power letting his Yellow orbs search the icy floor below while he hovers in the sky, soon feline-like eyes peer down upon Skipper. 

"Die,"  Hidaki yells then darts right for the lithe warrior like a speeding bullet. 

" Berserker surger buster." Skip quickly kneels down pounding the ice, she shoots several crystal shards at her malicious opponent.

 Now enraged, Hidaki nosedives trying to dodge large shards of ice heading right for him. He sways to the left to avoid Skip's attack, unfortunately, he bolts into several sharp fragments that impale his flesh. Skip fills the sky with several shards making it almost impossible to evade a brigade of ice blades. She slams her fist once more sending more ice shards his way. 

" Arrrgghh," Hidaki shrills in agony feeling excruciating pain as orange blood squirts from gashes in his face.

Sliding around the ice Skip manages to retain her balance, she sprints away escaping the river that was turned into a skating rink. Hidaki slams his nunchucks on the ground breaking the icy river floor.

Hidaki glides across the ice moving as if he were skating while icy isles sink behind him. He catches up to Skipper, he could see she was trying to glide away from the area. They both slip and slide around the ice circling the area, Seeing that they were only a few feet away from one another Hidaki lunges after his opponent as if he were a savage hunting his prey. 

Skip leaps away with grace, fortunately, he had missed her by only a few inches. Hidaki crushes the icy floor beneath him with his gargantuan build, it was like an elephant chasing after a mouse.