A Tear in our world pt 9

"Both of you quiet," Gertrude demands.

She picks up the phone and dials a number.

 "Yes, I 'd like to make an appointment for a sick child." 

Alix peers at her mother in awe, both girls felt relieved. Gertrude ends the call after making an appointment with the clinic for Skip.

 She could see how sick Alix's classmate was. Gertrude places her hand on Skip's forehead and the girl was burning up with a fever.

 "Now you girls can continue to study and be involved in each other's lives only on one condition." 

 Both girls nod waiting for her rule. 

"No intimacy between you two, that means no kissing, no holding hands, and no touching, got it." Gertrude points a finger at Alix .

 " I mean it." She then points at Skip. Skip nods with her eyes  closed  feeling  embarrassed.

 "Yes ma'am." Skip complies.  Alix clenches her fist.

"Sure mom." Her tone was somewhat defiant.

 "Now lets get poor Skipper to the clinic." Gertrude smiles.

At the Jettron Clinic Skip sat between Alix and Gertrude, Alix glances over at Skip who appeared somnolent and very exhausted. The bluenette's face was red and her nose was leaky and her eyes were drowsy. The pinkette eases her hand over to Skip's soft pale hand. Alix looked at her girlfriend's slender nimble fingers, she then places her hand in Skip's even though she was cautious of her mother who gave her the evil eye, but Alix still held onto Skip's hand firmly, regardless of her mother's feelings.

Skip felt at ease, she could feel  Gertrude's chubby warm body against her's. She felt the urge to be with her mother. It's been years since she's seen her mother, the last time Skip had seen her parents she was either four or six. Skip nestles her face into Gertrude's wool sweater then rests her weary head on the hardy woman's bosoms. Gertrude places a hand on Skip's head, she begins to caress the ill girl's hair gently. She couldn't resist soothing a sick child her maternal instincts had kicked in, Skip had reminded her of Alix when she was younger. Nowadays it seemed that she and Alix rarely made physical contact or barely spoke anymore.

The nurse calls for Skip to be seen.

A day had gone by and Skip was better with medication.

Gertrude strolls by Alix's room hearing the girls' conversation.

 "No you must not invade my space, your mother demands we keep our distance." Skip says feeling slightly irritated. Alix begins to caress Skip's shoulders. Gertrude peers through the corner of the door.

There, she saw Skip and Alix sitting beside each other during a study session. Both girls sit at a small desk in Alix's room.  Alix inches closer to Skip reaching for the bluenette. 

"Come on Skippy I just wanna hug."

 "No, you mustn't." Skip retires, she closes her school text book. 

"Enough, you leave me no choice but to relocate to the other side of the room, since you refuse to keep your hands to yourself." Skip says sternly.  Alix climbs on top of Skip with her lips puckered.

 "Awww Skippy stop it." Skip slinks away to the best of her ability as Alix comes closer and closer. With their lips only centimeters away they hear the door open.

Hearing the door creak Alix jumps off of Skip.

"Hey mom we were Just studying," Alix says with her eyes popped and a cheesy grin plastered on her face. Skip nods trying to appear composed while she rest on the carpet. Gertrude stands in the door way smiling. 

"Girls I went a little house shopping who wants to help me do some decorating?" Gertrude announces then smiles wide. Skip gets up quickly.

 " I would Miss Mason." Skip did enjoy organizing stationery goods and household decorating.

Alix grimaces while folding her arms.

 "Mom I hate helping you decorate stuff, it's so boring." Alix sighs.

 "Oh come on Alix dear join us," Gertrude says. Skip gives a slight smile. Alix thought it was cute. Skip was really excited to decorate with her mother.

"I think the purple accents suits the desk handles quite well," Skip says referring to how the purple handles of the desk matched the throw blanket Gertrude had placed upon the piece of furniture. A typical office desk with a couch throw-over hanging off it, Skip lifts a brow displeased. 

 Ugh, what a grotesque piece of furniture, a cherry oak credenza would have been ideal. Skip thought.

 "How about these new curtains Skipper, the orange or pink?" Ms. Mason asked while holding up two pairs of curtains.

 Skip places a finger to her cheek in thought. 

"I would prefer orange." Inside the bluenette cringed. 

Yuck neither, was this lady color blind Skip thought. Her household was clearly decorated with the color scheme of a circus. The hue that stood out most to Skip was a warm beige color, Gertrude had a lot of beige throughout her home. She would need some browns or golds, even an egg shell white wouldn't hurt to balance out the color scheme of her home. 

"Earth to Skip." Alix pouts.

 "You're having too much fun with this lame stuff," Alix complains. Gertrude laughs at Alix.

 "She's always like this." Getrude hangs up the orange curtains. 

"I like it, I think Skipper here has a knack for Home Decor." Alix's mother smiles at Skip .

 Skip turns slightly red.

 "Here I have something for you Skipper." Skip holds out her hand. Gertrude places a small plush bunny in the blue-haired girl's delicate palm. Skip wanted to hide her face. Alix must of told her mother that she loves stuffed animals. 

"T-Thank you Miss Mason." Skip held the stuffy close.

 "I'm sorry about what happened." Gertrude looks away from Skip then peers back at the girl feeling ashamed of her behavior in the past. She didn' t mean to be harsh but the situation took her by surprise. 

"You're  welcome to stay as long as you like hun." Gertrude offers. Skip gives a shy smile doing her best not to blush. She was delighted that Gertrude would allow her back in Alix's home.

Alix pounces on the blue-haired girl almost knocking her to the floor. Gertrude grunts.

 "Ahem, No touching Alix."  Her mother scolds.

 "But mom." Alix whines.

That night ...