A Requiem for an Unrequited Love Part 43

part 43

part 43

"You two look exhausted, I suggest we call it a night," Krone smiles. Alix yawns. " You can say that again. "

 "This way my protectores." They follow behind their mentor down a long hall that seemed like it extended to the ends of the earth.

Skip observes their surroundings, now that they were out of the hi-tech lab and into the massive corridor she could see what she hadn't seen before.

Startled Skip felt the floor move below her automatically,  She takes a gander at the floor realizing they were on a travelator a moving walkway, It kinda reminded her of being at the airport when she would go traveling with her mentor and he would use the electronic walkway to reach his gate. Flashes of light catch Skipper's eye as they run down the sides of the floor. What was that? Skip thought as she peers down.  There, she could see led lights that aligned the metallic floor blinking off and on. The bluenette looked up, she couldn't help herself, Skipper's curiosity got the best of her as Icy blue eyes gaze toward the high ceiling. 

The futuristic temple was enormous, large robotic machinery hung from the walls with robotic objects that looked like severed cyborg arms with hands attached to them. Some kind of alien language marked the doors, floors, and walls along with several informational holograms.

The eccentric language appeared as several tiny shapes clustered together. Multiple symbols were inscribed throughout the temple. Skip examines the shapes they reminded her of hieroglyphics, those odd signs were illuminating as well.

Large pillars reached the sky sitting alongside silver walls. The architecture was similar to a vast throne room which was full of advanced- technology, the structure resembled a sleek new-wave version of an ancient Egyptian Temple it seemed.

The walls were decorated with giant sculptured faces which were Aegisus' Children.

Krone, led them around a corner placing his palm over a cube, the device radiates with a neon aura. The door slides up automatically revealing a passageway. Alix gets ready to step forward.

"Oh my, silly me I almost forgot." Krone holds up their bags.

"Don't forget your belongings ladies."

 "Thanks." Alix takes her duffel bag. She peers inside and everything was returned from the fight earlier. Skip stands on her tip-toes with poise and retrieves her attache case from the creature's long wiry fingers.

 "Thank you."

"And here we are." He holds up a metallic metal firearm, it shines in the light. 

"This, you mustn't leave behind," Krone informs the girls.

"Alright, that cool gun," Alix shouts eyeing the alien's hand. Krone chuckles. 

"It's the V blaster, you will insert the vitamin bullet into its chamber and aim for your friend."

Alix looks at the bluenette, Skip gives a deadpan look in return.

Alix takes the V blaster.

Krone waves. "Good night girls and good luck."

Alix grins, Skip looks ahead.

The exit was a swirling area of air that slowly changed colors from pink to blue then purple, all three colors created a gradient hue. The area had large rippling waves in the air as if they were looking through a fire. 

Seeing the vortex in the doorway Alix looks from side to side at an endless-looking pool of nothingness. "This looks like it goes nowhere?" Alix  Says.

Skip had enough. She pushes Alix into the portal door. Skip leaps after her shutting the door behind her.

In a split second, the girls stumble out of the elder student's closet.

Alix looks around, she saw a pair of familiar white curtains, a bed, and fixtures that were stored in the elder's room. They returned to the Oasis apartment complex.

Alix sighs, "What a day."

Skip peels off her clothes. It was about 11:30 pm.

"Shuddap will ya"....." No you stuff it." "Both of you enough."

The pinkette perked up, she heard voices coming from her bag as if something was having a conversation.

Skip had left the room, she heads for the bathroom.

Alix cautiously opens her duffel bag. She lifts one brow, no way, "Skiiiiiip!" The bluenette comes running, "What?"

Alix dangles a hair tie in her tutor's face. "Hey, put us down you snot nose brat," Oben shouts. ugh, Skip looks away in disbelief. She leans in closer wrapped in a towel.

" I apologize, I could not perceive they would be such a nuisance."

Obbo whimpers. "We will get free..."

Obu grumbles. "Both of you silence."

The demonic aliens fall asleep. This was their life now, stuck as a hair tie forever it seemed.

Alix's phone rings, she picks it up, it was her mother Gertrude.

"Where have you been it's so late?"  Alix looks at Skip who has a blank expression on her face. "I've been studying with Skip, we must have lost track of time. "

"That's good, how's it going?" Alix gave a cheesy grin to her tutor.

" Everything is going great mom, can I stay over at Skip's tonight?"

"Of course, bye hun. "

Alix's finger swipes across the end call button on her phone.

The room was dimly lit by a night light, Alix feels a leering gaze, she turns around and there Skip stood on her hands and knees as she peers into Alix's dark pink pools, Her eyes alluring. 

Skip crawls to Alix slowly wearing nothing but a towel.