Last but Not Least pt 1 Orbit Bros. Part 34

Last but not least pt 1 orbit bros.pt 3

Alix panicked seeing Skip on the ground, was she even breathing? She rushes to the bluenette's lifeless body. Skip please be okay.   Alix peers at her comrade's pale face which was drained of life. Her long lashes rest against her gaunt cheeks. Alix forces herself to move as she fought off fearful thoughts that Skip may be deceased. 

She clutches Skip's wrist yanking the blue-haired girl out of the flaming barrier. Outside the fire barrier Alix held Skip's waist letting the bluenette rest upon her shoulders. Alix could feel her body was withe like. The pinkette began to worry, she could feel how frail the girl was. That barrier really did suck the life out of her,  Alix thought. 

"Skip." She whispers,

 "Wake up, Skip, please you have to wake up." She held back tears. Still holding on to faith. "Come on wake up." Skip lay limp in her arms, the puny girl's head flops to the side. Alix pulls Skip roughly to her chest gripping the bluenette tightly. 

"Damn it Skip." Alix grips black fabric of Skip's uniform as her eyes well up with tears, this was it so long Skip Greenmore it was nice knowing you. 

  Alix soon felt arms gently wrap around her neck.

The blue-haired girl's face was beet red and she was still breathing at worst she could have been dehydrated. The pinkette's face lights up with glee.

 "Skip!" Her eyes meet the bluenette's icy blue bedroom eyes. She appeared better. Skip gazes into Alix's eyes intensely. "You rescued me, was it worth the pain?" Skip had noticed third-degree burns on the pinkette's hands. Alix grins. "Every bit of it babe."

Both girls embraced each other lovingly.

For the first time Alix felt that Skip displayed her true emotions.

Clapping interrupts their intimate moment.

"What a touching moment." Obu stands before them applauding their performance per se.

They were true protectores after all, Obu had finally realized this after Alix had displayed her solar-based powers. She was absorbing energy from the sun this whole time which allowed her to reflect Oben's fiery meteor reign attack. 

When coming in contact with his flame it enhanced her tempest flare attack, allowing her to redirect his attack with a powerful force. It turned out that his flame being so strong had backfired when colliding with her solar-powered attack, she had become even stronger with his help feeding her fiery wrath.  What a shame. Obu shakes his head wearily.

"Oben will never learn," Obu hisses.

Alix and Skip step aside from one another glaring at Obu. Skip could sense that his energy was stronger than before. Alix was alarmed with how strong his energy flow was, she began to feel it too, that strange headache had returned once again. Skip was feeling a slight migraine as well.

Obu turns to peer at his injured brother looking down on Oben. He sighs. 

"Fool."  Obu grimaces at a pile of charred rocks.

Oben lay crushed beneath a pile of burnt meteors that had crumbled to pieces. His body feeble, he slowly crawls out of a heap of charred meteor rocks. "Obu please heal me..."  He drags himself with what little life he has left. 

"Please, Ob ... O.."  He collapsed to the grass.  Alix and Skip are startled hearing the crackling of flames. Both girls whip around seeing that the flaming barrier had simmered down, the flames were no longer fierce, they wind down until the firestorm is no more.

Oben was hanging by a thread, his life was nearly over, he passes out burnt to a crisp.

Obu steps forward feeling something flat below his foot peering down, it was Alix's duffel bag. He pays no mind to the bag kicking it aside with grace. 

" It was nice knowing you ladies, a pity you will both perish so young."

Skip braces herself. " Prepare yourself." Alix nods. "Right." She then steps into a fighting stance.

" I won't give up!" Alix yells at Obu.

He stays composed.

" I call upon the powers of Asura, aid me." His voice was demonic yet calm.

Alix dashes forward, while running she begins to sink into the ground. The pinkette begins to freak out. "What's  going on, what the hell!!!" 

Skip stays still as their surroundings become hazy, both girls felt as if they were submerged underwater as their movements had become lethargic. Skip rears her leg back feeling a force nearly restricting her, it felt like she was trudging through a deep pile of snow. The air in the vicinity had become thick and heavy as their movements were now decelerated. Skip was worried. Why have we become torpid?!

Obu cackles as his body transforms.