What is the Meaning of Life?

It all started when my husband and I were watching Netflix in our bedroom's TV one morning. My husband was going through the newspaper and came across a strange advertisement. It was placed in the "Psychological Services" section, under multiple ads like "Let Me Predict Your Future", "Remove all Illness with This Charm" and "How to Apply Spells". 

 Then, there was an ad that caught his eye, "An Answer to the Eternal Question: What is the Meaning of life?" and beneath it was a phone number. He was immediately interested and decided to call for what kind of service was available. 

 So, he dialed the number. My husband replied, "Hello?" but nobody answered. There was a prolonged silence on the other end and a sudden crash. My husband winced as he hung up the phone. 

 We were flabbergasted, but that night, the phone started ringing. It was the same number he had called earlier. When he answered, I heard a female voice, but couldn't hear what she said to him. 

 My husband started at me with a tense expression on his face. All he told me was that it was probably a silly joke. He quickly got dressed and left the house. I didn't even get a chance to ask him what was going on. 

 He didn't come back. I waited for hours and hours, hoping he would come back. After another day pass by, I went to the police department to file him missing. 

 I called our relatives, friends, and his co-workers. I called hospitals and morgues. I couldn't find him anywhere. I tried to dial the number from the ad, but nobody picked up.

 At night, I close my eyes tight shut, wondering what could have happened and what to do next. Even though the thought filled me with fear, somewhere deep inside I was hoping that, in the middle of the night, the telephone would start ringing again. At 2AM, it truly rang. I almost had a heart attack.

 When I picked up the phone, I recognized the voice: my husband. I heard him muttered softly, "I'm not alone," and immediately a crash was heard, ending the call. 

 Two months has passed since the disappearance of my husband. The police searched and searched, but yet they couldn't find him. They even traced the phone number, and it led them to an old, abandoned house where nobody has lived for years.

 This morning, I opened today's newspaper and found a similar advertisement. It was titled: "An Answer to the Age-Old Question: What is the Meaning of Life" and there was a different phone number. I think I'm going to call it. 

 Despite everything inside me tells me that this will be the biggest mistake of my entire life, I have to call it. I'm absolutely petrified, but I need to know what happened to my husband. Maybe this way, we'll both discover the meaning of life.