Dead Friend

The Ultimate Answer: The woman was screaming because she saw a ghost. Little did the delivery person know, he was meeting his fate with paranormal activity. Then, he died. (The End!)

I checked with the comments, and I honestly had no idea the riddle would be difficult. The cracks on the wall is just to resemble how old the apartment is. When he failed entering the elevator, it was because of the ghost. 

+_+_+_+_+

 My friend Ryan and I decided to hang out at our favorite bar. I was baffled of how he wanted me to come -  that workaholic never had time.

 I entered through the bar and was welcomed with smooth jazz. As soon as I spotted Ryan, I plopped right next to him. 

"What's up." I greeted. No response. 

 He looked more tired than anything. If I tried waking him up in the morning, it wouldn't be necessary; Ryan is always awake. 

"How's your day man?" I patted his back. 

 Both hands on his forehead, he nodded back and forth. After a short awkward of silence, I slowly began to worry. Then, Ryan responded: 

"We need to talk about something. Hold on." 

 He jumped off the stool and stepped outside. Hopefully the news is good news. I sighed and felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned my back to see Ryan's other friend, Patrick. 

"Hey Derrick what are you doing all alone?" he questioned with a greeting smile. 

"Oh just - checking on Ryan. He looks a little rough lately. Do you know what happen?" 

"Ooohh Ryan? Ryan's going through a death. Support him for me will ya?" 

 I was caught in a full shock. Before I started blabbing questions, Patrick immediately walked out the exit and left without further explanation. Soon enough Ryan came back. 

"What's Patrick doing here?" I scratched my head. 

Ryan gaped his mouth and closed with a gulp. 

"... What happen?" 

He grabbed my wrist and said, "Come." 

We were outside in freezing cold. His left hand on top of my shoulder, Ryan whispered, 

"Patrick's dead."