Kuchisake Onna

Kuchisake Onna is probably one of my favorite japanese legend <3 A story about a person with a distorted face and tells one question out in the pitch night streets. 

Pretend you saw a female with a surgeon mask on and hunting small children asking one question. If answer the question wrong, there will be horrible problems.

You wanted to walk to a shorter route from school causing your path turn in a lonely, abandoned street. In a blink of an eye, a figure showed up and blocked your pathway. The figure was a young, beautiful woman with long coal- colored hair. Also wearing a long chestnut trenchcoat along with a cloudy white mask covering her mouth. 

"Am I pretty?" she questioned softly. 

Not knowing what to say, she swiftly took off her mask and showed a gruesome smile. A smile that is slitted ear to ear. All of a sudden, you feel queasy in the stomach. As if someone spiked your drink or stabbed right in to your intestines. Her mouth is twisted and dirty teeths were showing clearly.

"Am I pretty NOW?!?" asked creepily.

Frighten the living daylights out of you, you struggle to reply. If you say "No" she wil ninja chop you with a HOLY CRAP DAT'S BIG scissors like you're just a piece of dirtbag. Or, if you say "Yes" she will cut your mouth just like hers, big, terrifying grin. Don't even try to run until you die, dis gurl will track you down and murder you. She doesn't even care if you need to micturate!

One of the ways to escape this "one of a kind eh" spirit is to say " You look normal" or "You look average" This might give you enough time to run like hell. There is plentiful of rumors about how Kuchisake Onna had this ghastly face.  Some say her brutal husband thought she was cheating on him with a hotter guy. Fit with rage, he slices her mouth ear to ear with a clean sword screaming "How will think your pretty? Huh? " Others say she was a mental patient who slices her own mouth. Also another says she died in a terrible car crash. 

EVEN the U.S has their own version of The Slitted Mouth Woman . About a pervert clown popping out of the nowhere in public bathrooms. Her saying is " Do you want death or happy smile? " If they choose happy smile, she cuts your mouth into a devil smirk.