First Day Of School

Some students in the first day of school could be daunting. However, my experience was a total misery. 

 I was a freshman in high school and my family was moving into another town. My dad found a higher paying job, and we rented an affordable house. That happened during the summer, so finding a new school wasn't a big stress out. 

 On the first day, I walked to school nervously. I was anxious about talking and making friends, but I think I can do it. I checked the time inside the school and realized that my math class, Room 203, is already starting! 

 I searched every each room number, but the school is as a labyrinth. The corridors were wide and deep - making the lockers look endless. I peered at the windows of the room just seeing nothing. Finally, I came across the wooden doors. The door made a creaking sound sending chills down my spine. Eventually, I found Room 203. 

 The classroom wasn't empty like the rest. The students seemed to ignore me and the teacher too. I apologized for being late, nevertheless, no one paid attention. Flustered in embarrassment, I sat down on a free seat. 

 The teacher already written her name on the blackboard. Her name was Mrs. Berry. 

 I didn't want to be a attention-grabber, so I stayed quiet and just did my math problems. What feels like hours, the class was dismissed. The other students scrambled through the doors, and I glared at watch. The entire school hours has been on this one class! 

 I walked downstairs to the exit thinking how that could happen. Suddenly, I've been stopped by a teacher. I turned my back to see a frown on his face. 

"Aren't you the new boy?" he said. 

"Yeah." I replied. 

"Where were you? I've been trying to find you! Didn't you go to your classes?" the teacher questioned. 

"I was in class..." I squeaked. 

"Which is?" 

"Mrs. Berry. Room 203 sir." 

 A silence rose into the air until he grew to rage. 

"You think this is a prank? Just something you can laugh at? Well, it's not. Now get away!" he furiously growled.

 I was puzzled as I swiftly walked back home. What got him so upset? I reached to my house and searched up Mrs. Berry Room 203. 

 That when I knew the nightmare. 

 Multiple articles talked about a gun shooting in the school last 12 years ago. 

 On that morning, bright and sunny, an insane gunman started shooting at Room 203 first. He killed the teacher and picked on the students one by one. There were pictures of the incident sadly.

 I saw the dead bodies covered by a blanket; many cluttered the floor. I recognized that was my "math" class I attended. Another picture had all the students and the teacher smiling towards the camera. Scared, I shut down my device and convinced myself that everything was a dream. 

 The next day, I didn't want to go to school. I was to frightened about what occurred yesterday. I told my parents and after a week of not being in school, they decided that would enroll me into another school.  

 I wanted to move on with my life. I almost did... 

 Today, I had a letter on the mail. There was no address, stamp - the envelope was absolutely bare. The letter was hand-delivered. 

 I read the card and my body trembled in fear. The card was an invitation for a class gathering... signed Mrs. Berry.