The Girl Belongs to Me

At fall, a young female teen moved next door by me. She lived only with her single mother and they were kinda poor. She had hard time to fit in and we happened to be close friends. Not really close but she regularly come visit and talk out all of her life. 

 When I saw her, I knew she was the one at last. However, she didn't feel the same way as I did. She told she loved guys that are more buff and handsome. I knew I wasn't her type, so I choose to wait for a bit. 

 Since she was new here, she always talk about her problems in life. She would babble about how her mother would beat her to death, how classmates wasn't nice and everyone leaves her from daily activities. Then, she talked how she had a crush on a popular boy that all girls loved him.

I just listened and nodded. 

 One morning, the teen stopped going to school. Unfortunately, she had enough bullying because almost every single person discovered her recent crush. Her classmates has been pestering her until she cries herself to sleep. Someone threw eggs on her house, stuff her dead cat inside her backpack, and destroyed her bedroom's windows. Her life is like hell in reality isn't it? 

I still just listened as she talked and talked. 

As soon she entered high school year, her whole personality completely changed 0 to 1,000. She stayed till midnight smoking and going out to nightclubs. I've heard whispers saying that she does alcohol too. She grew inside the bad group and even has a criminal record for attempt murder.  

Till this day, I listened to her annoying problems. 

At some point, she dropped out of high school and locked into isolation inside her bedroom. She stopped talking to her mother because their conservation always ended up in a cat fight. The girl rarely comes out but only when she needs to use the restroom or when her mother is sleeping. I come to visit her house for a long time and say hi. I knocked harshly and she never answered. Her mother gave me her homemade soup to take upstairs. In my horror, when she came out to take it, she was like a twig. Pale, dark eyes, ragged and puny.  Surprisingly,  she still talked to me through the door. 

I listened and listened forever. 

 She told me how her mother will shot up in rage and beat her until she bleeds blood. Her life is incredibly cruel and dark. She also tells me how she will slit her own wrist trying to commit suicide.  

Like the old days,  she asked my opinion but I shrugged and said "Oh okay." Continued and continued to talk to me. 

 Slowly but surely, she began to get out of her room and the future seems to bright for her finally. Her mother thanked me and never forget my kindness. What did I do?  

 Suddenly, one afternoon, the teen went up to the roof of a apartment building near my neighborhood. Then, she jumped.  The building height wasn't fatal and she landed on some bushes. That likely saved her life in luck. Although, she was paralyzed neck to toe. The doctors say she will live rest of her life on a wheelchair. 

 When she was free from the hospital, I went to see her. I saw her lying in bed unable to move at all. She cried and apologized in front of me. I tried to comfort her but it was awkward when someone is lying on bed. Her whole body was shaking and she couldn't even wipe her own tear. 

 I hugged her and lovely said, "Will you marry me?" 

 She looked at me and replied, "Seriously? Me? Really?" 

 I've always wanted to be married. I proposed to her multiple of times and she turned me down. I didn't give up anyway. She cried so badly that her hair was tangled and wet. I asked once again that I still loved and marry her. 

  She was it. The perfect one. 

Even when she was ignored me and turned me down.

Even when she hangs out with the bad group. 

Even when I had to listen to her dang problems. 

Even when she was thin and isolated. 

Even when I spill about her crush to everyone. 

Even when I told the popular girl she dreamed about her "new boyfriend". 

Even when I threw eggs at her house at midnight. 

Even when I killed her cat and stuff it up inside her backpack. 

Even when I demolished her bedroom's windows. 

Yet now, I still love her. The girl belongs to me. The wonderful. 

Soon we will be married eternally.