Smile!

I've been in the Wattpad community for four years. I never consider contests or opportunities here, but something caught my eye....

 I never consider contests or opportunities here, but something caught my eye

And then I thought - I have to do this

 I may or may not be the winner or whatever, but I believe we all should spread this awareness. I double dare you to enter the contest! >:D 

Support tha environment!

+_+_+_+_+ 

 When I was a child, I always had an extreme fear of the dark. My mother and aunt took me to see an old lady who lived in an ancient mansion. I was brought into a darkened room with candles surrounding me. The old woman whispered something inaudible, and they all performed a weird ritual. Then, the candles went out. 

 I don't remember much, but I can still grasp the memories floating around my mind. I immediately regret recalling it. 

 My memory isn't crystal clear; however, I must've been about four years old. I was with my aunt for a quite amount of time. I don't know my reason why my parents left me there, but they would visit sometimes. 

 One day, I was sitting alone in a bedroom playing with barbie dolls. I started hearing hoarse whispering behind me, so I turned my back. 

 On the bed sat two young girls. Their faces were pale, and their eyes never ceased to blink. I stared a little lower to witness the most nauseating smile; it was filled with enmity. They settled and smiled ear to ear. Whenever they were whispering, their teeth remain clenched together. It was as if they were talking through those menacing smiles. In a blink of an eye, the girls simply stared at me - stared right through my soul. 

 Eventually, I was so frightened that I stopped playing my dolls and ran from the room. 

 Then, I remembered something later in the evening. I was sitting at the table with my aunt and cousins. Everything was normal until I noticed an odd woman in the kitchen. I wanted to point it out, but nobody else seemed to notice her presence. The nightmare doesn't end there; the two smiling girls entered in and stood behind her. It was like as if the lady was their mother. Without any command, the girls crawled under the table and went beside me.

They placed a plate in front of me and whispered, "Bon appetit!" 

 I could still recognize the contents on the plate vividly - a memory that still taunts me when I try to fall asleep. 

 Slowly my eyes frown down. On the plate, lay a part of the human face. The skin was scorched and mushy, and the eyes were bulging out. All around the plate laid severed fingers. I couldn't take it anymore; I painfully screamed. 

 My aunt grabbed a hold of my shoulder while I was sobbing. She tried to calm me down and asked what happen. Trembling from the trauma, I told her about the face and fingers on the plate. I was too afraid to speak of the ones that were only visible to me.

They stayed to play. 

 At night, I could hear them whispering. I wasn't sure what they were saying. All I saw was their smiling faces. I wanted to wipe it off, but I knew crying myself to sleep was more easier to do. 

 Finally, I confessed to my aunt about the woman and her children. I explained their disgusting smiles and how I see a woman staring at me at night. I explained how every evening, they dined with us eating human flesh. Lastly, I explained that the girls would play strange games. My aunt didn't want to believe a word I said. At some point, she changed her mind. 

 One night, the woman yanked me out of bed and wanted to play a game with her children. They were rolling eyeballs around the floor like marbles. I screeched and clenched onto the sheets. Frustrated, her nails engraved my skin leaving scars. 

 Hearing the commotion, my aunt rushed into the room to witness my tears flowing on the ground and blood gushing from the long scratches on my legs. 

 She called my parents and together, they took me to see the old lady. I think she knew something about the house's history and performed a some type of exorcism. After that, I was sent back to live with my parents. 

Soon, I never encountered those dreadful creatures again.