July 4th Interactive #8

A Serial Murderer 

CHOICE: Check the front door

"I'm still going to check our pizza Kaitlyn. No one will die," I laughed. 

 I opened the door and walked through the long hallway. As soon as I made a slight turn, I witnessed a glimpse of a shadowy figure. Nevertheless, it vanished in thin air. I assumed the figure was a tree nearby the porch. 

Nope. There was no one by the door. 

"The pizza has not arrived my dear ladies and gentlemen!" I addressed royally. 

"No gentlemen is here Ruby," Jade nodded her head. 

"Do you have a phone on you?" I questioned. 

"Nah, my phone is on repair," Kaitlyn replied.

"Mine's currently surrounded in rice...." Jade groaned. 

 Investigating my pockets, I realized I left my phone by the kitchen. 

"We could know how long the delivery will arrive using the GPS on the TV," I suggested. 

 I reached to grasp the control. Abruptly, a booming sound of shattered glass ringed my ears.  Still sitting in darkness, we began to worry.

"Quiet...." I hesitated. 

 Spooked by the noise, all of three of us crowded onto my bed and hid. For one minute straight, I finally heard a cut-off scream and a car rumbling out the streets. I shivered as the anonymous steps into my house. 

How could this man trespass?

I'm positive I locked my gate....

 To make matters worse, nobody has their phone on them. The possible ways to cal 911 is my landline in the living room or alert my next-door neighbor (who's just an old cuddly grandpa). I'm hoping he didn't went downtown to see the fireworks - the neighborhood is like a desert whenever it's 4th of July. 

CHOICE

Go out the window to your neighbor-- go to #2
Stay put to wait for the anonymous to leave -- go to #4