Arrows

First of all, Happy 4th of July! (Used to be) :DDDD Today, I'm going to write a story, not just a story, a very LONG one! So, if your parents complained for you to read more in Summer, use this story as an excuse. XD (Why am I making this? No one wants to read when it's 4th of July. .-.) 

 In the evening, Roberto and Dan, my friends, decided to hang out at the bar for 4th of July. I needed to use the restroom so, I came in then saw some writings on the stall. 

"Arrows, show me the way" 

 I observed around but didn't see any arrows. I never put much thought of it exactly. When I was about to leave the restroom, I bumped into the lights and everything went pitch black. I finally saw the arrows floating on the sides of the wall.  

There were a group of glowing arrows showing me the way I guess. The arrows looked scratched up and I assumed it was for someone long time ago. I was curious. I needed to know what the arrows are going. 

I went back to my friends and told them about my news. They also wanted to know what the arrows meant.  We decided to be detectives and dig in deeper. I quickly went home and grabbed a UV light. 

I returned realizing the bar is about to be closed and saw my friends eager to solve the mystery. I tested the UV light on the arrows and works like wonder. We followed the trail of arrows out of the restroom, out in the alley, then to the streets. I followed the arrows with my UV light inches from the ground. I gestured my body so my friends can come behind. Where the heck are the arrows going?

 Suddenly, the arrows stopped to a specific destination. It stopped by a very tall metal fence. Dan choose to go first and I firm my stand making him go over the fence. I got help from my awesome friend, Roberto to help me up. He was last but not least, went over easily without any help. 

 Then, we came by to found a large old aged parking lot. Grass filled the cracks on the concrete. I had my light again and immediately showed another arrow pointing at another direction. Finally, it led to a spot of a small building in the middle of the parking lot. 

 "I think I know what this place means. Probably a drive in movie theater!" exclaimed Dan. 

 I nodded and saw a writing on the wall. 

 "Buttery Popcorn" 

"What is this? Bait people to buy popcorn?" Roberto popped a question. 

 I walked on a wall of the small building and shine my light on it. 

 "3 7 9 0" 

Dan entered the combination lock and made a nice click. We all entered only seeing nothing. I tried to use my UV light but it failed completely. Alas me, I should've bought a regular flashlight in the first place! I was about to say "Let's go back another day" until I heard a click and the lights turned on by Roberto. 

 "The electricity is on? It's so old, somebody is paying the bills..."  I asked to my friends. They shrugged not knowing an answer. The gray room is surprisingly clean but some cobwebs here and there. However, I was more drawn by a lonely cabinet near the corner. 

 Inside the cabinet, there were treasures of sweets! I dropped my UV light and looked closely. I was familiar with Hersey's Bars, 3 Musketeers but the labels are old, like around in the 1930's. I was far too excited for Hersey's Bars and when I was about to pick it up to examine, Dan shouted, 

 "Check this out guys!"  

 He stands on the side of the hatch on the floor. I went to opened it and saw even more darkness. 

 "Probably another light switch down there?" Dan peeped in. 

 Dan went down the steps leading into a basement I think. I heard a click and the lights came in only dimly. In a blink of an eye, three of us heard the loudest CLANK up above us. I went to look at the opening hatch we left behind. I couldn't believe it, the hatch is now locked up with iron bars.