The Black Dot

When I was 18 years old, I started to have this nightmare. The dream was always the same. I found myself in a square room that was completely white and empty. Suddenly, out of nowhere, a small black dot appeared in the middle. Then, I watched as the black dot grew bigger and bigger. 

 I had the sense of imminent doom when I backed away, but the black dot kept increasing in size-- until it almost filled the entire room. It pressed me up against the wall and crushed my chest. I was coughing and screaming as the overwhelming blackness nearly engulfed me. Before I was completely gone, I would instantly wake up. 

I didn't tell anyone. 

 I was awfully scared of what the nightmare meant. Instead, I tried to find the explanation myself. I head to the library and dug my nose into books about dreams. I spent days reading over them, but I couldn't find any information that might explain what I was experiencing. 

 In my nightmares, I was tortured by the black dot. The fear was overwhelming. Every time I had the dream, I would wake up catching my breath and physically sweating. 

 After three months, I realized that the dream only occurred on the 13th of each month. Knowing that somehow eased my distress. At least I knew in advance, and I would write it down on the calendar with a big red circle. 

 I endured the same terrible nightmare for a year. Then, they stopped all of a sudden. I was filled with happiness. Finally, I could live a normal life without that fear. However, my freedom didn't last long. 

 Four years later, the nightmares returned. This time, they were more realistic than ever. The black dot appeared in the middle of the room and grew exponentially bigger. It completely absorbed the entire room, and I kept screaming my lungs out. I tried to escape, but there was no door; there was no way out. 

 The nightmare became more frequent. In the past, it was only once a month, but now it was happening three times a week. I felt like I was possessed by Satan himself. 

 At my breaking point of losing my mind, I realized I could no longer keep this secret to myself. I had to talk to someone. I went to see a psychiatrist and blurted out what I was dealing with. He listened to me while jotting down notes on his pad. At the end of our session, he gave prescription for some pills. 

 I immediately went to the pharmacy and bought the pills, hoping they would help. When I got home, I went up to my bed room and took two pills. For the first time ever, I slept peacefully. In fact, for the next week, I wasn't troubled by any dreams at all. I thought to myself: "I'm cured!". 

 I went to see the psychiatrist again to thank him for his help. I arrived at his office, but the young woman at the reception desk told me I couldn't see him. I questioned why, and she told me that he suffered a seizure a few days before passing away. 

 That night, it came back. This time, the black dot almost crushed me to death. Luckily, I was visiting my parent's home, and my father shook me awake. He told me I was screaming during the night. 

  The nightmares tormented me continously. I took the pills every night, but they didn't do much. I didn't know what else I should do. No matter what I did, the nightmare stills haunts me. 

 One day, I was depleted by depression and insomia. I felt like I could not go on. I couldn't. I broke down in tears. My dad asked me what was wrong. I weakly explained to my father about the nightmares. He sweetly empathized with me and will help me find another doctor. He even will pay for my therapy. That night, the nightmares stopped again. 

 Two days later, my father died suddenly in an accident. He was casually driving in a busy street when suddenly a car slammed on the side of his car. The impact killed both drivers immediately. He barely knew what hit him. I was wracked with grief and cried for days. 

Then, the nightmares stopped. 

 Two weeks later, the nightmares returned, but I noticed a chilling pattern emerging.

 Whenever I told someone about my nightmares, they would suddenly stop for a few weeks, but the person would die soon afterwards. I was delighted to figure out the problem and horrified of the lives cost to stop the nightmares. 

 So, I decided to start telling people about them. I know it's an atrocious act of selfishness, and the people I tell will eventually pay for it with their lives, but I have to ease my suffering. 

I'm so over this mess....

I wanted to end it for so long, and I think I know how.

I've told you all about my nightmares. 

Tonight, I will sleep peacefully. 

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+

Heyo it's the author again! 

Happy 2020, I hope this year will bring lots of good memories for y'all. <3 

 I just want to drop by and say thank YOU for the support. I know I'm not like a big author or anything, but I've been in the Wattpad community well over five years ago. Let's just say the journey was long on this book, and in all those years I still feel the same joy of y'alls notifications on my phone.

I am incredibly grateful of how far I've become with you by my side. 

Side note: I still cringe at my first fifty parts. My god it's terrible. :D