Chicken Dinner

One day, a mother and father were invited to a wedding. Their usual babysitter was busy with other schedules, so they decided to ask their next door neighbor, an old granny named Sue, to take care of their five-month old baby daughter. The lady  was delighted over the request. 

 They told her they needed to leave by 1PM, but when the time came, Sue still haven't shown. The husband knocked on her door and questioned if she was ready. 

"Oh, I'm deeply sorry," said Sue.

"I forgot all about that. I'll come over at once."

 When Sue came to the door, the parents were already on the road. They gave the old woman instructions to put the baby to bed by 9PM and put the chicken in the oven for next day's dinner. 

 While the parents were at the wedding, the mother decided to phone home and check on the babysitter. When the old granny answered, the mother questioned if she had put the baby to bed yet. 

"Oh, I'm sorry," replied Sue.

"I forgot all about it. I'll do it right now."

"Have you put the chicken in the oven?" asked the mother.

"Oh, I'm sorry," Sue stated again, "I forgot all about it. I'll do it right now."

 The mother sighed in slight frustration and hung up the phone. She couldn't complain because the old granny was babysitting for free.

 After the party, the mother and father drove home and when they arrived at the front door, the old granny greeted them. They thanked her for taking care of their child. Then, she went back home. The mother went upstairs to check on her daughter; however, as she was walking towards the crib, she was startled to see an uncooked chicken lying instead. 

 Downstairs, the husband smelled smoke coming from the kitchen. He opened the oven and yelled upstairs to his wife, 

"Babe, you believe this! That lady burned our chicken dinner!"