Criminal On The Loose

It was near midnight and I was in my comfy bedroom trying to relax. I changed the channel on the old TV and stopped to see the newest news. At the bottom of the screen, there was a breaking new alert. 

"Murderer Alert! Hiding somewhere.. Police warning everyone to be careful ... Suspect considered to be armed and dangerous..."  I was about to fly away to sleep when I was awakened by a annoying noise downstairs. It sounded like there was someone in the house.  All of a sudden, my stomach starts to ache and I broke to a tense sweat. Listening, I think I heard another noise. The sound of a door creaking. 

"That wasn't my dream, a intruder is inside the house!  "I need to get outta here! ASAP!" I thought. 

I slipped off the bed as quietly as much and tip toed towards the clear window. My body was shaking with terror. Just in that moment, I heard faint footsteps making their way up here. It sounded like more than one person. I knew I had to get away. 

I climbed out the window and move like a squirrel. I grabbed a drainpipe and lowered myself down until I dropped into the bushes of greeny plants. A paused and looked up at the window I just escaped and saw the lights on. "PHEW, that was close!" I mumbled. 

A chill ran down my spine as I think about what would happen if I got caught.  I went to the dark woods and once I was safe, I just went running, stumbling along the way. Then I saw another house estate. Clutching my bloody knife, I ninja towards another house.