Don't Open

Hey y'all. 

I know I haven't been updating lately, and being a writer here I feel like I wasn't doing my part. But it's summer break now! 

Hopefully you're still tuned in for more creeps.^^ 

+_+_+_+_+_+

 I shouldn't have been there. My friend was supposed to be alone. Four years have passed since that night, but I'll try to remember what happened, as far as I know. 

 Earlier in the afternoon that day, my friend's parents left for a business trip. She was by herself, so I hopped over to her house.

 I arrived around 8:30PM, and we spent the night gossiping about other people and watching Pretty Little Liars. Time flew passed by and soon it was midnight. 

That's when I lost my friend. 

 There was strange noises outside her bedroom. At first, I thought it was just the leaves were whistling outside, but we both stopped and listened. The strange noises were soft footsteps, slowly creeping closer to us up the stairs. 

"Is your parents back?" I questioned. 

"I don't think so. They're supposed to return the next evening. Besides, those footsteps sounds more than just two people...." she replied quietly. 

 I instantly ran to the door and locked the door before the footsteps reached the hallway. 

Suddenly, there was a profound stillness. 

 Then, we heard a small beep. We jumped and whirled around to stare at my friend's phone. She received a text from an anonymous. When she opened it, we both had chills. 

"No matter what, don't open the door." 

 As soon as I read those words, I felt my heart bumping out of my chest. I didn't know what to do. Should I call the police? Maybe someone was playing a prank on us. Maybe someone is trying to save our lives. 

But I was aware that someone was there, separated by a hinged wooden barrier between us. 

We heard a subtle voice that sounded like my friend's mother. 

"Please open the door... your father and I were in a car accident... we are injured... open the door and help us." 

 My friend and I exchanged shocked glances. I can still vividly capture her face expression- filled with sheer fear and desperation. 

"Please open the door... we need help." a male voice pleaded. 

Sounded oddly like her father. 

 Slowly, she stood up towards the door, but I pulled her down and hissed, "What if they aren't your parents?"

She shot back saying, "Nonsense. I know the voices of my parents." 

 Frozen, she slipped away from my grasp and was about to open the door. I didn't know what to do. The only action I could think of in my head was to hide the closet. I was petrified. 

I will never forget. To this day, I still have nightmares about it. 

 I heard an unlocking sound, and all I heard was her high-pitched screams. Over and over again- getting louder then gradually disappearing. I couldn't do anything for her; I recoiled in the closet, keeping perfectly still, and praying for whoever it is to not find me. 

 Hours probably passed by, and by the time I felt safe to come out, there was sunshine peeking out of gap underneath the door. The bedroom was empty, and the door was open. My friend was no where to be seen. 

 I ran all the way back home and called her parents. When I finally reached them, I blurted what happened, and they immediately called 911. The police searched days on end, but the case was getting cold. I doubt they would find my friend. 

 I have no idea what happened that unfaithful night. I don't know what took her away. I shouldn't have been there; I shouldn't know that they exist. They're still somewhere coming for me. No matter what, I will not open the door.