July 4th Interactive #7

A Serial Murderer

CHOICE: Go out of the room to landline

"I have a landline in the living room...." I stuttered silently.

They exchanged glances but agreed willingly. 

 I stood up and volunteered to go out first - I was the smallest and shortest. Without any noise, I opened the door and dashed to the couch. The landline was inside this "mini" room, a division that supposedly for a closet or a storage. One problem is - it was next to the front door.

 I crawled slowly to the landline, but I soon discover that the anonymous figure was there the whole time. The front had a blurred glass, and I saw everything. The dead body dragged behind him, blood splatters, the dark layers of clothing, and his intense eyes locked into mine's. 

 Straightaway, he used his butt of his gun and shattered the glass into pieces. Some people say "you can't be frozen in fear", but oh boy - I stood like a rock. Finally, the blaring sounds of the fireworks shook me to reality. 

I scrambled to the room as fast as possible. 

So close! 

 I was inches away from touching the landline. Inches. If that gun wasn't shot on the back of my head, we could've been rescued. Now, I'm really not sure my friends will ever make it out alive. 

The End.