When a Kid Thinks One (or Both) of You Are Their Parent(s) (Iwatobi)

Haru: One day you and Haru were grocery shopping. Well, the shopping was for Haru, but his mom didn't trust him with variety considering his 'mackerel problem' as she says, so he brought you along. "What about these?" Haru asked, holding up a pack of canned mackerel. "No, Haru, we already bought fresh mackerel," you explained, putting in some stuff from his mom's shopping list into the cart. Haru grumbled a bit and put the pack back on the shelf. You were about to start pushing the cart again when you felt something pull on your shirt. You look behind you to see a little kid, maybe five tugging on your shirt. "Hey mommy!" The kid exclaimed. You were shocked. "Excuse me?" You asked. The kid then realized the mistake he had made, "Oh, I'm sorry Miss, I just though you were my mommy for a second..." he sniffled. "Are you lost?" You asked, and he nodded. Suddenly, a lady came running around the corner, looking frantic, probably because she lost her son. "Mommy!" He exclaimed when he turned around. She ran towards him and picked him up. "I'm sorry," she apologized, before walking away. You smiled and waved them goodbye before turning around to see Haru putting a few packs n canned mackerel in the cart.

Makoto: One day you and Makoto were dropping off your little cousin at day care. You were standing at the gate watching as your little cousin ran into the school. You and Makoto were making sure that he got into the school safe. Suddenly, Makoto feels a tug on his shirt, and you both hear a child say, "I love you, dad!" You guys turned around to see a cute little girl in a nice dress smile up at Makoto. "A-ah, excuse me?" Makoto said, confused. "I said, I love you daddy!" The girl exclaimed again. "I'm sorry, I don't think you have the correct person," Makoto explained, patting her head lightly as she giggled. "Charlotte? Charlotte!" A man's voice boomed, as a young man came running up to you guys. "Is that your dad?" You asked, pointing to the guy behind her. "Huh?" The girl turned around and smiled. "Daddy!" She exclaimed, jumping up and hugging the man. "Sorry, guys," the man chuckled. "It's alright," Makoto replied. Now that you've seen her dad, you realized how she confused him for Makoto. They both were tall and muscular, with light brown hair; he had a kind smile and shiny eyes, just like Makoto. As you and Makoto walked back to the car, you wondered if you and Makoto would one day have a little Charlotte of your own.

Nagisa: You and Nagisa were playing with his niece at the park. Nagisa, being the kid he is was playing with her on the playground, while you were sitting on the bench. Suddenly, a kid ran up to you, "Hey mom, I have to go to the bathroom," he said. At first you didn't notice that he was talking to you, but after a moment, you looked over and he was still staring at you. The boy quickly realized that you weren't his mom and got scared. You notice that he seemed nervous, "Do you need help looking for your mom?" You asked, and he nodded. You took his hand and walked him around the park. "Where did you see her last?" You asked, and he shrugged. "She was on a bench when I went to play, but now she's gone," he replied. "Alright, let's get you to the bathroom, then we can go looking some more," you said, pointing to the bathroom, right near where you guys were standing. After he went, you took him to the ice cream stand, where he ran to the girl who was holding to ice cream cones. "Mommy!" He yelled. The woman turned around, "Hey there," she said, giving him an ice cream cone. Afterwards, she thanked you for helping him, and you went back to the bench where Nagisa's niece was rubbing his back. "Nagisa, are you alright?" You asked. "No! You left me! I thought that I had lost you forever!" He sobbed, while hugging you. You sighed, wondering how a little boy could be more mature about losing his mom.

Rei: Rei was taking you on a date at a museum. You guys were talking and looking at an exhibit, when some kid came running up you guys and shouted, "There you are, mommy and daddy!" You two looked down to see a kid at the age of 4 or 5 smiling at you guys. "Excuse me?" You said, kneeling down to his level, "Are you lost? We can help you find your parents," you offered. The little boy nodded, and wiped a few of his tears away. "Where did you see them last?" Rei chimed in. The boy pointed over to the food court, "Over there!" He exclaimed. "Alright, let's go there first," you replied, taking one of his hands, and Rei taking the other. When you guys reached the food court, the three of you looked for the boy's parents, but they were nowhere near there. Finally, after looking at few exhibits that he's been to, you made the decision to go to the front office. At first, Rei was worried about making a big deal to the rest of the museum visitors, but you opposed, saying that you guys should've gone there first. When you got there, there was a couple who looked extremely distressed. "Are those you parents?" You asked, and the boy excitedly nodded, running to them. You smiled as you saw the couple hug the boy. You and Rei then continued your date and looked through the remaining exhibits.