You Find Out That You Were a Bet (Iwatobi)

Haru: "When are you going to tell her?" You heard Rin ask Haru from the locker room. You felt curious and stood next to the entrance to listen some more. "Tell her what?" Haru asked, nonchalantly. "Tell (y/n) that she was a bet!" Rin exclaimed. You felt tears in your eyes, 'I knew it!' You thought, 'I knew that it was too good to be true, why would he ever date anyone like me?' You thought to yourself again. "I don't know," Haru replied to Rin. Before you could walk away, Haru came out of the locker room and saw you crying. "(Y/n)..." he started. "Is it true?" You interrupted him. "Is it true that I was a bet? That you never loved me and only did it because of some stupid dare?" You asked, sobbing. Rin soon followed Haru out to the hallway to see you crying, "shit... she heard us..." Rin murmured. "What was the bet? Now that it's out in the open, what was it?" You cried. "Well, Rin and some of the Samezuka guys bet that I couldn't get a girlfriend and last before the summertime, and so I took on the bet. Rin knew that you liked me, so I asked you out," Haru explained to you. "Well, it looks like you lost the bet, doesn't it?" You asked, storming off.

Makoto: Makoto asked you to come over to his house so he could tell you something. You were a little nervous, but you brushed the feeling off. When you got to his house, you knocked on the door and Makoto opened it, looking a little nervous. "Hey Makoto, you wanted to tell me something?" You asked, looking at him. "H-Hey, (y/n), come in, and yeah I do have something to tell you," he stammered, and opened the door more to let you in. You were sitting on the couch and Makoto was pacing back and forth in his kitchen in some sort of deep thought. "Makoto, are you alright?" You asked, breaking the silence. "Y-Yeah, it's just, (y/n), I don't know how to tell you this; but you were a bet," Makoto said outright. "I'm a what?" You asked in disbelief. "I took a bet made by some of the Samezuka boys that I could get your number," Makoto mumbled loud enough, only for you to hear. "Why didn't you tell me this?" You stood up angrily, ready to leave. "I didn't want to hurt you," Makoto replied, but you were heading straight for the door. "Please don't go," Makoto begged. "I'm sorry, but I need some time to think," and with that, you left, shutting the door behind you.

Nagisa: "I told you, not to take that bet," you heard Rei scold Nagisa. "I'm sorry! I thought it would be over sooner," Nagisa said. "Don't you talk back to me young man," Rei sassed, "now how are you gonna tell her?" "Tell her what?" Nagisa replied. "That she was a bet. You never intended to ask her out. You just knew she liked you, so you and your stupid friends made a bet that you could date her for a month," Rei told him. Your mouth became dry. 'I was a bet?' You thought, 'he never wanted to ask me out?' You felt tears running down your cheeks as you freely sobbed behind the wall that you were hiding behind. Rei and Nagisa heard the crying from behind the wall. Nagisa walked over to it, "(y/n)?" He asked when he saw you. "Oh hi, Nagisa. I'm glad to know that I was a bet and you never loved me," you spat, with a sickly sweet tone in your voice. "That's not true! I do love you!" Nagisa exclaimed. "Really? I thought I was only a month long deal!" You said, starting to walk past the boys. "You only had to love me for a month, or at least act like you did," you muttered. You walked to your locker and opened it. You started to throw out all the notes that Nagisa wrote you that you kept in there. You threw them on the floor and ripped them to shreds. Nagisa ran over to you and grabbed your arms, "stop it!" He cried. "What? I'm only ripping them, like how you ripped my heart out," you growled, not stopping. "I do love you, okay?" Nagisa said, still having a hold on your arm. "And you never wanted to tell me the truth. I thought love was about trust; a relationship was built off of trust. I guess this one isn't; nor is it made out of love," you spat, yanking your arm out of Nagisa's grip. "I'm sorry!" Was the last thing you heard from Nagisa's mouth before you were out of the building and running home.

Rei: You were sitting in the library reading some book that you've read over and over again when some guy came up to you and slid into the seat across from you. "I don't get it," he said finally. You looked up at him, "you don't get what?" You asked. He had an elbow propped up on the table and his head rested on it, sort of in an admiring way. "I don't get how smart girl like you couldn't figure out that you were a bet," he responded. "A bet?" Your ears picked up on that. "Yeah, that boyfriend of yours, Rei or whatever. He only asked you out because of some stupid bet the track captain made him do as an 'initiation' onto the track team," the boy replied. "H-How, how did you know?" You stammered. "Because I am on the track team," he pointed to his shirt, which had the words, Iwatobi Track Team printed on it. "Oh," you said softly. Suddenly, it all made sense to you. How Rei wouldn't ever spend time with you, he couldn't bother with your well-being or whereabouts; he simply didn't care. You were nothing but a stupid bet to him, that he extended, even until now, even though he joined the swim club. You were furious and you quickly texted him that you were now broken up.