-Chapter ThirtySeven-

Serenity's POV

"My old life wasn't so great but it was good enough to live" I say leaning against the closed door. Tae turns around to look at me.

"I didn't like it but it was worth living, I had J, Jed and my older brother Jake who kept me sane for the past eight or nine years"

I don't really want to continue, but I've started.

I don't want to keep secrets from him so I probably should continue.

"My earliest memory is being age five and I was being pushed around the playground, I don't remember what I had done wrong but I remember from then on my life got completely flipped upside down! One of my parents hated my guts but absolutely adored Jake, it was like he was the golden child who everyone loved, everyone in the family loved him whilst I was cast to the side and ignored! When I was about fourteen my parents split in quite a bad way and I was forced to live with the one who hates me, but Jake stayed with me! I had to go to school which I didn't want to as I was bullied, it wasn't bad but what they said wasn't nice"

As I was speaking to him I made my way over to him. Sitting beside him he looks to me with sad eyes.

"The day after my fifteenth birthday my brother had moved to Mexico with my auntie which killed me a little because he was my rock and I told him everything and I felt like he had abandoned me! One day I was pushed to my limit and fought back, I ran away from home never to go back which I haven't to this day! When I ran away I didn't know where to go so I went to Mich's house and his mum and dad took me in because they understood what was going on, they were like my second parents, so I shared a room with Jed"

As I spoke Tae just continued to listen. He's a good listener. He doesn't have to listen to be he does.

"Probably about eight months later I decided to find my own house to start fresh, by this time I was in a relationship with my ex Ryan and he was eighteen at the time, he wasn't very supportive either, I told you about him earlier"

I stop talking for a couple seconds to let what I was saying sink in.

"Jed finally helped me find a house and I moved in on my own well Jed stayed with me for the first couple of weeks just to make sure I had settled in fine which I did eventually, Ryan didn't move in because he basically didn't want to live with me, he wanted to stay at home with his parents because he knew everything was stable and going good and that he wouldn't have to be homeless and with a mess of a girlfriend and those were his exact words"

I look to Tae who looked so angry with what he had said to me. But I couldn't care, that was in the past, he's not in my life! I was an idiot for staying with him for so long.

"So I was a sixteen year old girl living on my own for about a couple years, J moved in when she was seventeen because I didn't live on my own and also because she hated that idea of me on my own, By this time I had a great job what was paying my way through life but Ryan who was now twenty or twentyone was just a waste of space he did move in finally but he did nothing at all, then one day he ended it with me, and then he suddenly went missing and he hasn't been found yet which I don't actually care about"

Truth being I know exactly where he is, and what happened to him. But he never loved me so why should I care for someone like him?

"So ever since then I've always had J, Jed who is like my younger brother and Jake, I did stop talking to Jake for a while but that was because I was mad at him but he has his own life, me and J did go and see him quite a bit and at this moment in time he's over here looking after Spok which is J's cat, Jake and the auntie who he used to live with are the only people in my family who I talk to the rest I don't want anything to do with, and now I'm in this place with my new boyfriend and a new family who I want to keep with me"

I finally finished talking to him. By this time I was looking at him. When I mentioned about my new boyfriend and my new family his face lit up a little bit.

"Ren I am so sorry, I don't know what to say" he says pulling me in to a big hug.

"Tae it's okay that's in the past" I say into his shoulder. Pulling away from the hug I grab his hand interlocking our fingers together.

"So what was your job like"

This boy!

"It was different and many people wouldn't have done it, but I liked it" I say and he just nods.

We sit in silence for a while. I sit with my head rested on his shoulder. He sits with his head lightly rested in top of mine. He holds my hand gliding his thumb over the top of my hand.

"Hey lets go back into the house now?" He says letting go of my hand before standing up. I look up to him as he stands. He holds his hand out for me to take. Which I do. Helping he up from being sat down we both walk back into the house hand in hand. Fingers interlocked.