California Kisses *22

Start from the beginning

Wow, this time next month mom and Ryan will be married and happy and-

"Are you going to hurry your butt up or what? I think you're sending ME gray and I'm just too pretty to grow old and ugly yet" Josh laughed, swinging higher on the swings.

I flipped him off before occupying the swing beside him, kicking my feet against the grass to give me lift.

Trust him to say that.

"Josh when are you ever going to grow up?" I asked as I watched him swing higher and higher into the air, the expression on his face looked like that of an eager dog trying to reach the juiciest bone. Yes his tongue was indeed lolling out of his face.

"Growing old is compulsory but growing up is optional!" he replied as a matter of fact.

Despite everything, I laughed. That was something I would say...

"Oh Em Gee! Is that a smile I see on your face? Please don't say my eyes are betraying me, dear Lord it's a miracle!" Josh declared, his hands clasped together shaking vigorously towards the sky mirroring a great prayer.

Despite his form of light blasphemy -I'd never been much of the religious type anyway- I actually laughed.

"Oh... my God... Josh did... you actually... just say... OH EM GEE?" I giggled uncontrollably, my voice sounding breathless.

Josh pouted but continued to swing higher and higher to wards the sky.

"And what? Your claiming only girls can say that sort of stuff?" he accused gravely, yet the glint of amusement was clear in his eyes. Obviously he was just playing around with me.

"Well, yes! Guys can't talk text... it just makes them sound so 'pretty'" I laughed.

To that statement, Josh frowned. Lines of frustration becoming prominent in his forehead.

"Look Skyla I was kidding, I just wanted to make you laugh. How many times do I have to tell you or PROVE to you I'm not Ga-"

"Hey! Look dude I never said you was" I said interrupting him. I was NOT having this conversation again. Just look at where it had lead to last time... I do not need shutting up by lip locking again thank you very much. "I knew you was kidding, I was just kinda taking the piss out of the way you were saying it. No big deal, chillax dude"

I reassured him eyeing him carefully. Why did he always seem so touchy on the subject? I knew he wasn't into guys and all that, but why was he so sensitive about it every time I bring it up?

Josh exhaled a guff of breath that I'm not sure he knew himself that he was holding. His expression transforming into a calm and relaxed state, though the relief was still plane in his features.

I didn't want to get into THAT topic again so I decided to change the subject and ask a question which I was truly curious about.

"So... why did you bring me here anyway?" I said dragging my feet against the ground to pull me to a stop.

"Why not? You looked like you needed fun. We were both alone, Matt had left you, Ty had left me, the other guys were debating on what girl to do next, oh except Landon by the way. He seems to be real happy with that Carrie girl. I'm sorry it just wasn't my scene, so I decided to check up on my favorite person in the world" Josh smirked coming to a halt besides me.

Carrie! That reminded me I had to text her to tell her what time to meet us at the dress shop, I hoped that our dresses weren't-

Wait, what?

"I'm your favorite person in the world?" I asked him in disbelief, my face mirroring the complete astonishment I felt. I thought we were enemies just a few days ago...