The McFadden Clan

Start from the beginning

"You okay?" Niamh asks Naomi.

"I'm fine" she says as she grips the table.

"Sure?" Niamh asks. She nods and bends over a little.

"Sure?" She asks.

"No not really" she panics as she gets up and starts to pace the kitchen.

"Braxton hicks?" Niamh asks. Naomi nods and starts to panic a little as they get worse.

"It's okay I promise, I had them with Matthew" Niamh smiles.
"Try and breathe through them" she adds as she tries to give Naomi some advice.

"I am" Naomi laughs a little.

"They will pass, don't worry" Niamh smiles as she call tell Naomi is worried.

"It's been awful... Don't think I'll be doing it again" Naomi laughs.

"Aw why? What's been happening?" Niamh asks.

"Lots of stress with work" Naomi says.

"Oh dear, what do you work as?" Niamh asks.

"Lawyer" Naomi replies.

"Oh I see, very fancy" Niamh laughs and Naomi smiles through the pain she is in.

"Wish she'd stop kicking" Naomi huffs as she sits down.

"Aw your having a girl!" Niamh smiles.

"Yes I am, we've already got a name for her and everything" Naomi smiles.

"Aw really? Do you mind me asking? What is it?" Niamh asks.

"We're calling her Holly" Naomi smiles.

"Aw that's a lovely name!" Niamh smiles and Naomi smiles back as she rubs her bump.

"Matthew was my choice, he's a Christmas Day baby... He's gonna be spoilt on his first Christmas and birthday" Niamh laughs.

"Aw really? That's so sweet" Naomi smiles.

"He was a week overdue" Niamh informs her.

"I hope this one comes when she's expected" Naomi laughs.

"Yeah, I was a bit panicked, I never knew when my waters were going to break when I was overdue" Niamh laughs.

"Oh my gosh" she says.
"Joe was at work and I was at home and all I felt was a gush of water" Niamh says.

Naomi's month drops, "oh my gosh Niamh, what did you do? What happened?" she asks and Niamh sits down and decides to talk to her about things as Matthew isn't in need of his bottle right now.

"I tried to text Joe but ended up texting my friend who works with me and Joe" Niamh says.

"Oh dear" Naomi laughs.

"I was in labour for around sixteen hours too" she says.

"What!" Naomi says as she starts to panic.

"Oh don't panic, I'll answer as many questions as you like" Niamh laughs.

"Was it all natural or did you end up having a cesarean section?" Naomi asks curiously.

"All natural" Niamh smiles.

"Pain relief?" She asks.

"I didn't at first when I was at home when I had contractions that morning but when I got to the hospital yes...I was on gas and air" she says.

"Any good?" Naomi says.

"A little...yes" Niamh says.

"Joe was a pain... Well then again he was trying to help but he was helpless" Niamh laughs.

"Oh why? He's always been a pain in my eyes, but I do love him; brother and sisterly love" Naomi laughs.

"He tried to help me but he didn't listen, think he may have watched to much call the midwife and one born any minute" Niamh laughs.

Naomi laughs, "aw bless him" she laughs.

Niamh laughs as Joe comes through with Matthew who's crying, "look there's mummy complain to her about not bringing your milk through" Joe says.

"Aw come here" Niamh laughs as she takes him off Joe and sits him upright on her knee.
"There calm down" she laughs as she gives him his bottle.