A little blood goes a long way

"Oh my gosh" she says starting to panic. She is still trembling with fear and in a lot of pain.
She turns and grabs her towel and makes her way to the bedroom.

She grabs her phone and calls Joe straight away as she has got no one else. Joe answers almost instantly, "Joe I... I need your help" she stutters her voice trembling in fear.

"Wow, wow, wow slow down Niamh" Joe says as he starts to panic himself, "what's going on?" He questions.

"It's too long to explain, please just come round as soon as possible...I need help" she says in a rushed tone still in floods of tears.

Joe hangs up the call and with in minutes he is at the door. 'Come in yourself, I'm in my room X' she texts him as she is in too much pain.

Joe finds her spare key that she had given him and pets himself in, he goes straight upstairs To her.
He comes in to the bedroom to see her bleeding and crying in pain, he completly freezes. "Joe...please you have to help me your all I've got" Niamh panics in floods of tears.

Joe looks at her "please Joe it's the baby, please I can't loose it" she cries.

He rushes over to her sitting on the bed with a towel her hair soaking wet and he can just about see the blood, "Try not to panic, what on earth happened?" he asks scared for Niamh.

Niamh shakes her head as she's terrified, "right lets get you to hospital this isn't right" Joe says nervously.

"You'll look after me won't you?" she cries hysterically. He nods and hugs her. He passes her some clothes.

"Here stick your pyjamas on and I'll get you to the hospital" he says as he cups her cheeks and kisses her forehead.
Niamh nods and cries even more, She gets her pyjamas on and Joe takes her downstairs.
"Try to calm down okay, you'll only make things worse" Joe says as he takes Niamh out to his car.

"Joe he...he" she stutters and continues to cry.

"He what babe?" Joe asks nervously.

Niamh rubs her hands together nervously, "he tried to drown me" she cries.

"He what!" Joe says angrily.

"He found one of your socks or something and got really angry and I...I was running a bath and he tried to drown me" she stutters as she mumbles through the tears.

Joe places his hand on her knee "we're going to the police this can't go on" he says as he strokes her cheek.

"No!" She panics all of a sudden.

"No Joe we can't it'll get worse" Niamh panics as she tries to slow her breathing down.
Joe says nothing but drives her to the hospital and takes her to A&E.
"I'm in so much pain Joe" she cries as they pull up at the hospital.

Joe gets her out, "come on Niamh lets get you booked in" he says as he opens Niamh's door.

"Please look after me, you're all I've got" she cries as she continues to tell him the same thing.
Joe smiles at her and walks her into A&E.

She continues to cry in pain. Joe holds her hand as she books herself in "name and date of birth?" The receptionist says.

"Niamh Walsh, 17th April 1989" Niamh mutters in pain.

"Let's sit you down for a bit" he says as he walks her over to two free seats.

Niamh sits quietly even though the bleeding had stopped she is still worried she has lost the baby.
"I'm scared Joe, I don't feel my normal self anymore, I want the old me back" she says as a tear falls down her face.

Joe puts his arm around her and holds her close "oh babe" he sighs as he kisses her shoulder.

"This is all my fault maybe I shouldn't come round anymore" he sighs as he holds her close.

Niamh cries into his shoulder, she wants Joe and her baby "Joe I don't know what to do, should I go to the police?" She questions.

"If I were you, yes I would, look what he's done to you babe" Joe says. Niamh pulls her dressing gown sleeves down as her wrists are covered in bruises.

"Don't try to hide it because I know what he's done darling" he says as he pulls her closer.
Niamh wipes her tears away as she feels like she is being watched.

Joe kisses her cheek, "I love you babe and all I want is for you to be happy" he says in a nervous tone.

He rests his hand on her stomach and smiles at her before stealing a long kiss off her lips.

She leans her forehead against his, "I love you so much, please never leave me" she says as tears fall down her face.

Joe holds her close "first we get you seen to and see what this little bud is up, and then we go to the police about Elliot" Joe says as he kisses her cheek.

"But Joe..." she is cut off by Joe's finger being placed on her lips, "no buts babe" he says as he kisses her lips again.

As he pulls away Niamh is called through to be seen too. Joe takes her hand and gives it a reassuring squeeze.
She takes a deep breath in and walks towards the doctor who is standing with her door open.

She gives a smile and walks in with Joe.
"So Ms Walsh, I have read you've been bleeding and your... Four months pregnant?" The doctor questions.

Niamh nods and sits on the bed.
Joe takes a seat in the corner and smiles at her. He gives her a thumbs up signaling eveything would be okay, she gives him a smile.
The doctor begins his examination "well you've bled quite heavily and I hate to break this but you might... I said might have miscarried" The doctor announced to Niamh who looks at Joe. "But let's not dawn on the negative and be positive" he smiles and he pulls her blanket back over her legs.