Your very quiet

A few hours later Niamh is getting herself ready to go out, Joe has gone awfully quite.

"Joe can you get Matty ready for bed?" Niamh asks as she ties her hair up. He doesn't answer and stares into space, "Joe?" she says as he's a little out of it.

She prods him and smiles "Sorry what?" he says.

"Get Matthew ready for bed" Niamh says.

"Is he going to Ellie's or is Ellie coming here?" she asks.

"Ellie is coming here" Joe says.

Niamh nods, "check his eczema" she says, Joe nods and goes through to Matthews room.

He lifts Matthew up out of his cot and lays him on te changing mat.

Matthew gurgles and tries to eat his toes while Joe changes his nappy. "Oh sore bum again" Joe coos as Matthew whines a little.

Matthew whines even more and Joe quickly gives him his dummy. Joe and wipes Matthew down and puts some cream on him.

He lifts him up to see the exzema which is rather agrravated still. "Oh baby" Joe smiles as he lies him on his stomach and gets some cream for skin complaints for babies and puts it on the backs of his legs.

He starts to cry and tries to roll over, "Steady" Joe says as he puts his hands on his back.

Once having gotten him changed Joe takes him through to their bedroom where Niamh is.

"Oh dear what's up with you Matthew" Niamh says as she's crying.

"Eczema has flared up and nappy rash looks sore" he says.

"Oh no Matty" Niamh coos.

Niamh takes him off Joe, "what's up sunshine eh?" she coos as she watches Matthew take hold of her top again.

"Oh Matty" Niamh coos as he cries loudly.

She bounces him a little to soothe him, Matthew cries louder and holds Niamh's top tightly.

"Hey wee man, mummy's here now" Niamh coos as she sits down.

Matthew buries his head into her cleavage and cries, "Oh what's wrong baby boo?" she coos as she rubs his back gently.

"He's not please at all is he?" Joe coos.

"No not really" she sighs.

"Maybe giving him something to drink will take his mind off it?" Joe suggests.

Niamh nods and reaches for a bottle of water from his changing bag. Niamh nods and reaches for a bottle of water from his changing bag.

Niamh gives Matthew his bottle and he takes some before spitting it out. "Oh dear...we can't leave you with Ellie like this" Niamh says.

"she'll be fine I'm sure... He'll settle soon" Joe says as he gets a clean blouse on, "She'll be here at 7" he says.

Niamh nods and rocks Matthew as he lies in her one arm crying, "Is it your bum annoying you?" Niamh asks.

Matthew just cries and pushes the bottle away again. She puts his dummy in his mouth and pats his bum gently to soothe him, Matter cries but slowly stops as Niamh soothes him.

"There's a good boy" she coos.

Niamh gets up and carries Matthew downstairs. She lays him down on his play mat as he seems in quite a deep sleep.

Niamh goes through to the kitchen and hugs Joe from behind, "You alright? You're offly quiet" she says.

"Yeah I'm fine" Joe smiles.

"Sure? You don't seem it" she says as he doesn't really say much and doesn't turn around to face her.

"Yeah yeah" Joe says.