Middle of the Night

Joe makes in the middle of the night to Niamh pacing up and down the bedroom. "What are you doing? It's 3am Niamh" he yawns.

Niamh looks over at him and just about makes out his figure in the darkness, "I can't sleep I have this horrible pain in my stomach and he's getting heavy that much it hurts to lie on my back" she says.

Joe sits up in bed, "have you tried taking anything for the pain?" he questions.

"No, I'm not is said I wouldn't" she says as she keeps pacing and rubs her bump.

"But if your in pain it might ease the pain a little" Joe says.

Niamh sighs "I said... No" she stutters.

"Alrighty Niamhy, calm yourself! At least come back to bed" Joe says as he reaches a hand out.

He strokes her hand and kisses it, Niamh sighs and sits on his side of the bed "last day today" she mumbles.

"Is he giving you bother babe?" Joe asks as he places his free hand on her bump.

"Yes 'he' is giving me bother, he needs to hurry up and come" Niamh mumbles as she strokes her bump.

Joe watches Niamh and he can tell she's rather agitated. "Urgh... When will this end" she moans as she lies back across Joe.

"Try and relax" he says as he rubs her shoulder.

"Is it hot in here or is it me?" Niamh says as she starts to flap her top a little.

"It's quite cool Niamhy" Joe says.

"I'm too warm" she moans as she rubs her eyes.

"Change your top then" he says as he strokes her arm. She sits up and groans before going to find another top. Joe smiles at her and sits up a little and turns the lamp on.

He watches her as she changes her top, "Nice view?" she snaps.

"Sorry" he mumbles as he rubs his eyes.

She takes a deep breath, "I'm sorry" she moans. Joe gives her a little smiles then pats her bed which tells her to come and sit next to him.

She comes and sits next to him, "is there anything I can do to help?" he asks.

"Rub my lower back" she smiles at him.

"Turn round" he smiles as he rolls her top up a little. He kisses her neck and starts to rub her lower back.

"The pains got worse" she moans as she cotinues to rub her bump.

Joe looks over her shoulder at her bump, "Hmm? Your waters haven't broken have they?" He questions.

Niamh shakes her head "I'm not sure for another three weeks shush don't jinx it" she says, "and yes before you say anything I know I'm the size of a watermelon and I feel like I'm gonna burst but three weeks Joe that's it" she says.

"Keep calm, relax your going all tense again" Joe says as he places one hand on her bump and rubs its also.

"He's not a happy chappy today Joe, all day he's been Booting me in the bladder and I think he caught a rib earlier" Niamh moans.

He rests his head on Niamh's shoulder, "rubbing mummy up the wrong way aren't you wee man?" he says as he draws love hearts on her bump.

Niamh rolls her eyes and looks back at him. "Now now Niamhy" he says as he kisses her neck.

"I want him out of me but then i don't if you get me" she mumbles.

"I get you" he says in an understanding tone.

He wraps his arms around her waist, "he's giving you a right kicking" Joe mumbles against her cheek.

She nods "I should really try and sleep but I'm so uncomfortable" she mumbles.

"I know, maybe try move the pillows about? One directly below your back?" he suggests as Niamh starts to shift around a little.

"Thanks" she mumbles. "I don't feel great either" she moans.

"I'm what way?" He questions.

"I've got a sore head all of a sudden too" she groans as she buries her head into the duvet.

Joe smiles at her and strokes her arm. "Mere for a cuddle" he smiles as he puts his arm around her waist.

Niamh shuffles along the bed and lies next to Joe. He kisses her cheek abd smiles.

"I shall try and sleep now" Niamh smiles.

Joe nods, "you'll be exhausted in the morning" he says.

"Tell me about it" she huffs as she closes her eyes.

"This little one will-" Joe is cut off by Niamh.

She smirks "shh I'm sleeping" she mutters to him.  He puts an arm around her waist and strokes her bump with his thumb, before drifting off himself.

A few hours later Joe wakes to his phone alarm going off indicating for him to get up. Niamh groans and rolls over.
"Morning beautiful" Joe smiles for a seated position and he strokes her cheek at the same time.

"Hmm" she mumbles with her eyes closed.

"Come on you, last day of work today" he mumbles against her ear.

"I know" she mumbles as she rubs her eyes. Joe kisses her ear and then she sits up.

"How are you feeling now?" he asks as he rubs her shoulder.

Niamh frowns at him as she sits up, "He's on my bladder again" she says as she gets up quickly.

"Oh dear" he says as he watches her walk to the toilet rather swiftly.
"Waddling again Niamhy" he jokes and Niamh turns around and glares at him. "I'm sorry babe" he smirks as he knows she isn't in good form.

Niamh goes to the toilet then has a shower before getting ready for work.