Early Morning get up

A few days later and Niamh is starting to come over her stomach bug. It also happens to be the day of her first read through for the episode of Silent Witness she's starring in.

"Joe?" she says as she prods him to wake up.

"What...? What is it? Is Matthew okay?" Joe says as he wakes up quickly.

"He's fine, anyway have you seen my skinny jeans?" she asks.

"Wash basket?" He suggests as he rolls over and looks at the time on his phone.

She shakes her head, "they were reccently washed" she sighs as she just gets another pair out.

"Wasn't Matthew sick down them?" He says as he tries to adjust to the light.

"That was a different pair I think" she says as she's running around trying to find a makeup brush now.

Joe sits up slowly and rubs his eyes as he still doesn't feel 100%. "Calm down Niamhy" he says as he can tell she seems a little panicky.
She finds a makeup brush and starts to apply her makeup as Matthew wakes and starts to cry, "here let me sort him, you carry on getting yourself ready" Joe smiles.

"Good morning to you too kiddo" Joe says as he lifts him out of his moses basket. Matthew stops crying almost instantly as Joe picks him up, "ahh wanting some attention are we mate?" Joe smiles.

"How are you feeling?" Niamh asks.

"Not great but I'm getting there" he smiles.

"That's good" Niamh smiles.

Joe lies Matthew on the bed and sorts his nappy. "Another filled nappy" Joe says.

"Well I changed it at three" Niamh says.

Joe nods, "ugh I feel like shit again" he moans.

Niamh smiles as she look at him through the mirror. "Have my glass of water if you like? I don't want it" she says.

He picks the glass of water up and sips it before smiling at her, "how are you anyway?" He smiles.

"I feel okay I guess, maybe not 100% just yet" she says.

"I've put some sick bags in your handbag" he smiles.

Niamh laughs, "thanks, I think I'll be fine" she smiles.

"...well I say sick bags.. They are nappy bags but they work just as well" Joe smiles.

Niamh laughs, "well I'm lucky to have you to look after me" she smiles.

Joe smiles as he gets off the bed with Matthew and walks over to her. "Nervous?" he asks.

"Just a little...oh my gosh Joe!! I'm working with Emilia bloody Fox!! I think I may pass out she's amazing" Niamh says.

Joe laughs, "You'll be great" he smiles as he kisses her cheek.

Niamh smiles and kisses him back before kissing Matthew head "Morning sleepy head" she coos, Matthew looks at Niamh and smiles.
Niamh smiles and takes Matthew off Joe, "are you hungry sweetie?" she coos.

Matthew just keeps his eyes glued in her. "Let's get you fed quickly and hopefully you'll keep it down" Niamh says.

"Same for me" Joe smiles as they head downstairs.

Niamh sits down on the sofa and starts to feed Matthew, "you've still got a bit of a cold and diaorraeh" she says as she feels his forehead.

"His temperature was up again when I fed him last night" Joe says.

"Oh dear, was his nappy messy this morning again?" Niamh asks.

"Not as messy as it has been" Joe says.

"At least that's something" Niamh smiles.

Niamh sits Matthew on her lap and smiles happily at Joe who's just coming in with a drink.

She finishes feeding Matthew and sits him up to burp him. "Oh check you Matthew sitting without Mummy holding you" Joe smiles.

"Clever boy" Niamh coos but Matthew just looks at them tiredly.

Niamh kisses Matthews cheek "now darling mummy's going out today so will you be good for daddy?" Niamh coos.

Matthew looks at Niamh before putting his fingers in his mouth. "Erm... Joe" Niamh says.

"What?" he asks.

"I'm going to buy some baby food and try Matty on it" Niamh smiles.

Joe nods, "oh Matty you're getting a big boy now aren't you" Joe coos. Niamh smiles, "do you want me to get it while your away?" he asks.

"No it's okay, I don't want either of you two vomiting" she says.

Joe smiles and kisses her cheek as he sits down, Matthew continues to look at Niamh. "He's really into you today Niamhy" Joe smiles.

He starts to babble to her as he watches her, "He's really happy today" Joe smiles as Matthew continues to babble.

"Are you feeling better darling?" Niamh coos.

Matthew smiles and kicks his legs happily, Niamh checks the time, "I'll have to love the two of you and leave you's" she smiles.

Joe takes Matthew off Niamh and kisses his head, He starts to whimper a little.

"It's okay mummy will be back later" Joe says.

He reaches out for Niamh, "oh darling I'll see you later" she smiles as she kisses his cheek before getting up.

Matthew watches her and reaches his arms up to her. "See you later babe" she smiles to Joe.

Matthew continues to whimper as Niamh leaves. "It's alright darling" Joe says as he bounces Matthew a little.