Parting gifts

"Want anything for breakfast?" Joe asks as she does look rather pale.

She shakes her head "not hungry at all" she says.

"Not even half a slice of toast?" he asks as that's all she had been eating the past few days.

She shakes her head "I promise you I'll have something at work Joe" Niamh replies as she sits on the sofa.

Joe nods and watches her for a moment, "sore head?" he asks as she keeps rubbing it and her bump.

She nods and sighs before changing positions. Joe comes and sits next to her, "you seem really agitated" he says as he takes her hand and strokes it.

"So would you be if you were 3 weeks away from your due date" she says sarcastically.

Joe sighs as he knows today is only going to get worse. "Well is there anything I can do?" he asks sympathetically.

"Stop harassing me for a start" she says. Joe rolls his eyes and gets up to make himself some breakfast before they head to work.

Niamh sits next to Joe in the car quietly. Soon they pull up at the studios and both Joe and Niamh sit in silence for a moment in the car, "oh crack a smile" he says as he leans in and kisses her cheek.

Niamh huffs and grabs her bag from between her legs and gets out the car.
Joe sighs and shakes his head before getting out also.Niamh heads up the pathway towards the studio and Joe jogs to catch up with her, "watch it Niamh its icy around here" he says as he holds her hand.

She gives him a faint smile, "I'm sorry, my hormones are so up and done" she sighs.

He smiles at her and they carry on walking, "Joe let go of my hand, people are going to get ideas" Niamh says as she pulls her hand free.

"Keep your knickers on Niamhy!!" Joe laughs and Niamh frowns.

"I haven't got any on" she jokes.

"Very funny you" he laughs as he smiles at her. Niamh gives Joe a soft kiss on his cheek while no one is around and then makes her way into the studios.

Joes smiles at her before heading to his dressing room. Niamh gets ready then heads to set unaware the cast are going to surprise her with her leaving presents.

She walks rather slowly as she doesn't feel well, she has a banging headache and baby is playing her about. There aren't many people on set but Joe and Ellie are there from what she can see.

She walks over to them as they seem to be chatting, "hi guys" she says putting on a fake smile. Ellie smirks at her and Niamh raises an eyebrow, "what you smirking at?" Niamh mumbles.

Joe hits her a dig playfully, "lighten up a little" he smiles. Niamh frowns then hears someone behind her and turns around to see; Kaye, Camilla, James, Rob, David, Alex, Catherine and Rosie.

They all corner her, "what are you all doing?" Niamh says as she gives a nervous laugh.

Catherine smiles at Niamh, "well seeing that it's your last day and your having a baby in under three weeks we thought we should give you a send off" Catherine explains.

"Okay..." Niamh says as she looks over at Joe.

"We we've all put some money together and we've got you this" Camilla speaks up.

Niamh blushes, "guys you didn't need to" she smiles as they hand her a present. Niamh starts to get a little emotional she had no idea the whole cast loved her and that she is a valued actor to the show.

"Oh lord don't get all emotional on us" Camilla giggles.

"Sorry it isn't me it's the baby, he's getting me all soppy" she laughs as she wipes her tears away.

Camilla laughs and smiles at her before going to give her a hug.  Ellie then walks forward with a gift bag and hands it to her and hugs her. "Aw guys you shouldn't have" Niamh smiles.

"This ones from me, you've been my best friend since day one, we only started within weeks of each other and it's hard to believe your becoming a mummy now" Ellie says as she pulls away from Niamh.

"Oh Ellie" Niamh says as she starts to become emotional again. Niamh opens the bag that Ellie has given her and pulls out a set of Blue baby grow with cream bear on.
"Oh Ellie, that's so cute" she smiles.

Ellie smiles "I couldn't resist they were so cute" She says as Niamh puts it back in the bag. Niamh hugs Ellie once again and smiles. Ellie laughs "alright Niamh that's enough you'll have me getting emotional" Ellie says. Niamh giggles and smiles at her.

Alex is next to approach her as some people have headed back off to set and other places, "I know you didn't want any fuss but the wife couldn't resist giving you these" Alex says as he hands a present over.

Niamh laughs, "you honestly didn't have to!" she smiles.

she takes the gift bag off him and opens it and has a look inside and pulls out a Blue and white Jasper Conran Baby boys' white textured dungaree and bodysuit set. "Oh my Alex that's adorable" she smiles.

He gives him a hug and kisses his cheek. Alex smiles, "enjoy the fun when he arrives" he laughs.

"Oh I can't wait for sleepless nights" Niamh jokes.

"You'll have plenty of them let me tell you" Alex laughs.

Niamh smiles and rubs her bump "someone's telling me they're planning on keeping me up he's just woken up" Niamh smiles.

Ellie comes over and smiles at Niamh as she rubs her bump. Niamh seems a bit stunned by this. "What's wrong?" Ellie laughs as Niamh facial expression makes her laugh.

"No ones ever done that before" she laughs.

"Done what?" Ellie asks as she is completly confused.

"Rubbed my bump when I've said he's awake before" Niamh explains.

Ellie giggles, "opps I'm sorry" she giggles as she reluctantly take her hand off Niamh's bump.

Niamh giggles and rubs her bump herself, "yep he's defiantly going to be a footballer" Niamh smiles.

Ellie giggles, "are you excited?" she asks.

Niamh thinks to herself "I'm more nervous than anything" she replies.

Ellie smiles "so have you got everything ready for him?" She questions.

Niamh smiles, "erm...I think so" she giggles.

Ellie smiles "what's Elliot have to say?" She questions. "Is he ready too?" Ellie adds.

"Erm err...he's excited about it" she stutters self-conciously. Joe looks at her as she says this and gives her a little smile of reassurance.
Nimah gives a faint smile back before they all drop the conversation and move on.