Unsettled

Once at work she takes Matthew out the car and quickly goes to the shop down the road as she needs nappies.
She straps him into his pram before heading into the shop.

"Come on then cheeky" Niamh smiles as she heads out the studios.

Matthew coughs and squeals. She smiles at him and hands him his dummy "Good boy" she says as he reaches his hands up to Niamh

Niamh smiles and carries on walking. She gets to the nappy isle and grabs a packet of them before getting a few other things she needs.

Matthew starts to whimper as she waits in the queue to be served. "Hey wee man, what's wrong?" she says as he starts to cry.

Niamh puts his dummy back in but he spits it out and cries even more. He takes hold of her finger and doesn't let go and so she takes him out of the buggy.

"Look mummy's here" she says as she bounces him a little.

"Come on, there; we're going to see daddy soon and he wants lots of cuddles from you" she says.

Matthew cries and holds onto her. "Shh shh" Niamh says as she bounces him while trying to pay for the few things she is buying.

She pays and leaves and sorts Matthew out, outside the shop. "There come on, it's okay, let's go see daddy and then we can get you some calpol" she says as she continues to carry him as he doesn't want to be in the pram.

Nearly gets down the road from the studios and realises that Matthew has fallen asleep. He has his head rested on her shoulder out for the count.

Niamh smiles a little and lies him in the pram and puts a blanket over his legs. He starts to stir a little, "it's only mummy" she whispers as she kisses his cheek.

She continues to walk and keeps an eye on him as he's sleeping with one eye open. Niamh puts the buggy back to see if he will sleep.

She can how hear him sleeping as he's breathing heavily because of his cold. She finally gets back to the studios and heads in.

Matthew starts to wake as she walks through the gate and heads up to her entrance.

"Hello sleepy head" Niamh smiles as she checks to see if he's okay.

He looks around a little and rubs his nose "oh baby don't do that" she says as she grabs his tissue and wipes his nose.

He starts to cry again as he doesn't like Niamh wiping his nose and so he tugs on her hair, Niamh lifts him out again and walks with him.

"I know, it's not nice being poorly" she says.

"Shall mummy clean your nappy and we can go and find Daddy" Niamh coos.

Matthew continues to whine and looks around as Niamh walks to her dressing room. Niamh lifts Matthew out and lies him on the sofa and changes his nappy.

She takes his nappy off which starts to calm him down a little as it cools him down.

"Oh that is dirty isn't it" Niamh says.

Matthew squeals as Niamh wipes him down as the wipes are cool, "oh your nappy rash is back again, oh dear" Niamh says.

She grabs a new nappy and comes cream. He kicks his legs and chews his fist.