Bundle of joy

Niamh looks up at Joe and smiles before choking a little on her tears. Niamh places a gentle kiss on her sons head and smiles "hello you" she smiles.

She smiles at him and strokes his cheek as Joe puts his arm around her shoulder. Katie approaches Niamh and smiles "shall I take him and get him warm and weighed ?" She questions.

Niamh nods and kisses his head gently before passing him to Katie. Joe looks at Niamh as Emma finishes up and cleans up a little, "I'm so proud of you" he smiles as he kisses her.

"Can I sleep now?" she giggles as Joe hugs her.

"Not now I think someone deserves a cuddle" Joe says as he looks over at Katie who is weighing their son.

"And who would that be?" she giggles as she rubs her eyes.

"This little one" Joe says as Katie comes back over with him wrapped up and dressed.

Niamh smiles as Katie passes the baby boy back to her, "hello wee man" she coos.

"We shall get you moved upstairs so your a bit more comfortable" Emma smiles as she disposes of her gloves and leaves them to it.

Niamh yawns and looks up at Joe, "isn't he beautiful?" she smiles.

Joe nods "just like you babe" he smiles.

Niamh blushes and looks back down at their son, "I'm glad he's here and healthy" she mumbles as she strokes the baby's cheek.

"I am too, you did so well" Joe smiles as he watches his son wriggle a little in Niamh's arms.

"Someone's saying hello to their mummy" Joe smiles as he kisses her head again.

Niamh smiles "Joe?" She questions.

"Yeah what is it babe?" he asks.

"Can you take a photo of him please" she smiles.

"Of course I can" he smiles.

"Just him...not me" she giggles.
Joe nods in agreement as she knows she doesn't like to have her photo taken that much.

He takes a photo of him on her phone, "there you go" he smiles as he shows her the picture.

Niamh smiles "can you send it to my mum please" she smiles happily.

"Of course I can" he smiles as he sits on the chair just next to her bed and sends it.

"Just add something to the picture messages like meet your grandson... Or something along those lines" she smiles at him before looking back down at her son.

"Will do" he smiles. Niamh just stares at her son in complete amazement.

"He's absolutely gorgeous" she says as the baby boy continues to wriggle in her arms.

Emma comes back in to see how they are doing "so how's my first Christmas baby of the year" Emma says as she walks over to Niamh.

Niamh looks up and smiles, "okay I think" she smiles.

"Well we have a bed for you upstairs but I think you'll be out by nine in the morning" Emma explains.

"That's okay" Niamh smiles.

"Why don't you try get some sleep? You ought to be exhausted" Emma smiles.

Niamh nods and passes her son to Joe, he smiles and looks down at him "hello there little man" he smiles.

"Sleep now you" Joe laughs as Niamh looks up at him watching him.

"Sorry he's so irresistible I want to just stare at him for ages" Niamh smiles.

"There will be plenty of time for that, but for now mummy needs her rest...isn't that right wee man?" Joe says. Niamh smiles and lies back down.

Joe kisses her head as she begins to doze off, Joe sits looking at his son, he couldn't get over that he is finally a dad.