Man cry

Niamh follows Joe into the Kitchen as he gets Matthews bottle out the fridge. "What would you like for breakfast?" she asks trying to keep a cheery tone about the atmosphere.

"I may a something at work later" Joe says.

"But I want to make breakfast for us both" she smiles.

"What ever you want... Just none of your vegetarian stuff" Joe says as he carries Matthew though to the lounge.

She rolls her eyes and decides to make him some toast as he isn't terribly fussed. She comes through with his toast and rests the plate on the arm of the chair.

"I just made you toast, you didn't seem bothered" she huffs as she sits on the sofa opposite him.

Joe looks over at her "sorry yeah" he says as he holds Mathews bottle in his other hand and picks up a slice of toast.

"Yeah I guess" she sighs. "Here let me have Matthew off you" Niamh adds as she goes to get up.

"No don't worry he's fine" Joe says.

Niamh raises an eyebrow and stares at him as she isn't sure he is fine himself.

"Fine have him!" Joe huffs as he passes him over.

"Careful" Niamh says as she takes Matthew off him as he's a bit rough wth Matthew. Joe rolls his eyes and eats his toast, Niamh sits quietly for a bit feeding Matthew "Joe... It's okay to cry" Niamh says.

He doesn't listen to her but stares into space in a world of his own. "Earth to Joe?... Joe?... Joseph?" She giggles as she tries to get his attention.

Joe gets up and goes through to the kitchen and just completely breaks down. "Joe?" Niamh calls as she lies Matthew on his play mat.

"Hey" she smiles as she stands in the doorway of the kitchen with him not facing her. He doesn't say anything but stares out the kitchen window, "look I'm not standing here just because it's fun..." Niamh says.

"I know you've been crying but I can't help if you won't talk to me" she sighs as she walks over in his direction.

She can see him messing with his knuckles. "Joe please" she says as it breaks her heart when either Matthew or himself are upset.

"Your always here for me when I'm upset... So why can't I be when your upset?... Is this engagement just a lie? Just because you felt sorry for me bringing our baby up a single mother?" Niamh asks.

"If it is Joe you know where the door is" she sighs, Joe turns around and raises his hand to her, Luckily Niamh grabs hold of his wrist rather quickly, "that's enough Joe!" she says.

Joe just stares at her "oh" Niamh says as she looses his wrist and hugs him.

Joe starts to cry as he hugs her, Niamh freezes as she's never seen Joe cry like this she's only seen tears in his eyes when he first held Matthew.

She holds him tightly and close to her as she isn't really sure what to say or do. Joe pulls away after a while and wipes his face.

Matthew starts to whine, "now I can't be in two places at once but come and cuddle up with me and Matthew and we can talk" she smiles, Joe laughs and nods.

She smiles and takes his hand and they walk through to the lounge where Joe sits down and Niamh picks up Matthew. Niamh sits herself on his knee and smiles "what's this now? Pile on Joe?" Joe laughs as he wraps his arms around Niamh's waist.

"Now spill, and I told you...it's okay to cry...sure look at me when am I never not crying?" she smiles.

"I told my mum I was coming" he sighs.

"Yeah and rightly so you are" she smiles.

"She said she'd like to see the day I actually come... She thinks I'm not coming" Joe says.

"Yeah well we are going to go" she smiles as she cuddles into his chest and strokes it.

Matthew sits up and pulls at Niamh's hair. "I just don't think I can Niamh...I mean I want to I guess" he says as the tears run down his face.

"Chin up babe... She may think differently about you when you arrive there and well she realises she has a grandson" Niamh says.

"You'll not be on your own" she smiles.
"I mean she might he glad to see you" she says.

Joe nods "I guess so" he says as he looks at his watch.

"I'm always here for you" she smiles happily.

Joe smiles and kisses her cheek, "I'll have to be going now" Joe says.

Niamh cups his cheeks as wipes his tears away, "It's too late to drive...me and Matthew will walk you to the tube" she smiles as she kisses him on the lips.

"Sure?" He asks. 

"Yeah, I just need to get dressed and I'll just stick Matthew in the buggy with his grow on and his blanket" she smiles.

"Go get ready then... I'll sort Matthew" Joe says.

Niamh smiles and goes to get ready, Once ready she comes back down to Joe who is holding Matthew by his grow again. "Joe! What have I told you about lifting him like that!" she says.

"He loves it look at his wee face" Joe smiles as he lifts Matthew up and properly.

Matthew starts to babble as Joe lifts him by his grow again. "You like that baby don't you" Joe smiles.

Matthew smiles and grabs Joe's top and puts it in his mouth. "See he's getting his own back now" Niamh laughs as she picks up his blue blanket.

"Oi rascal, I have to wear this to work you know" he laughs. Joe moves his top and gives Matthew his dummy.

He whines and spits it out with a lot of slabbers to follow.