Result

"They're both negative isn't that a good thing?" he says as Niamh's facial expression doesn't show it.
Niamh doesn't even know if to speak or not. "Earth to Niamh" he says as he shakes her arm a little.

"Yeah?" Niamh says in a high pitched voice. Niamh gasps as her heart seems to plummet.

"What's wrong?" he asks.

"Nothing" she says.

"Negatives the result you wanted I presume?" he asks, She nods unsure of what to tell Joe.
"You're not really convincing me..." he says.

Niamh smiles "I'm fine" she smiles.

"That's good" he smiles as he rubs her shoulder.
Niamh sighs and Joe looks at her "Niamhy? Your not okay" he says but before he can say anymore to her he hears Matthew crying.

"I'd better go see to Matthew" she says as she gets up off his knee and heads downstairs.

"Wait Niamhy" he says as he goes after her.

Niamh stops half way down the stairs, "Joe, Matthew" she says as she carries on down.
He follows her downstairs and watches as she lifts Matthew out of the car seat, "what's wrong sweetiepie?" Niamh coos.

Matthew instantly calms down and Joe smiles "he just wanted his mummy's attention" Joe says.

Niamh doesn't say anything but sits down with Matthew on her knee, Matthew seems to be holding his head by himself and he smiles and gurgles up at Niamh.

"Hello you rascal" she says but Joe can still see there's something up. He watches as she cuddles Matthew and kisses his head.

"So tell me them Niamhy what's wrong? Because I know it's something...there's no fooling me" Joe says.

"Is it wrong that I was a little excited?" She mumbles.

"Excited for what?" he asks.

"I really did believe that the test would of been positive" she say with a sigh.

"Did you want it to be?" he asks. She shrugs a little unsure "What's that meant to mean?" he laughs.

"I don't know but I did kinda want it" she says.

"Aw Niamhy, we can always try again" he says as she does seem a little upset.

"Try after what he did to me, we'd need a miracle" Niamh says.

"Oh Niamhy" he says as he sits down next to her and pulls her into a hug. "Things change Niamh" he mutters against her ear.

"But what if they don't, to be honest...I would have been pleased if it had of been positive" she sighs.

Joe smiles and kisses her ear, "we can start trying as soon as you feel comfortable and that Matthew is a little older" he smiles.

"But what if I never am" she says as tears roll down her cheeks.

"There's other ways like IVF" Joe says.

"I don't want to do that Joe" she says. Joe hugs her and smiles.

"We will work something out" he smiles as Matthew starts to babble to them happily, which makes Niamh choke on her tears and smile.

"See he's saying 'mummy don't be sad' see Niamhy" he smiles.

Niamh smiles and cuddles into Joe while cuddling Matthew. Joe leans back against the sofa and Niamh brings her legs up onto the sofa, Matthew continues to babble to them rather loudly.

"Someone's most defiantly found their voice" Niamh smiles as she strokes Matthew's hair back down.

"I thought you'd be tired sunshine" Niamh coos.

Joe laughs "me too" he smiles.

"I know I am" Niamh yawns.

"Why don't you go to bed and I will see to Matthew?" Joe smiles.

"It's settling down time you" Niamh says as she passes Matthew to Joe.

"Now Joe don't go getting him excited or he won't sleep" Niamh says.

"I won't, but hopefully a bottle will make him sleepy" he laughs.

"warm milk then?" Niamh suggests as warm milk makes Matthew extremely sleepy.

Joe nods, "I'll come up soon" he smiles. Niamh kisses Matthew's head then kisses Joe who then catches her lips and kisses her a bit more. "Night night my lovely" he smiles as he pulls away.

Niamh smiles and heads upstairs. Joe heats up the milk as Matthew is starting to get a bit restless.
Joe sits back down in the lounge and waits for the milk to cool.

"Calm it you, I can't make it cool any quicker" he laughs as Matthew is whimpering.

Matthew lets out a loud cry and goes bright red as he cries. "Oh dear" Joe says.

Matthew cries even more as he's really hungry. Joe starts to feed him the milk, Matthew calms down.

"Slow down or you'll be sick" Joe laughs. Matthew continues to drink his bottle "is that nice?" Joe coos. He kicks his legs a little and looks at Joe, "is that a yes?" Joe laughs.

He kicks his legs a little and looks at Joe, "is that a yes?" Joe laughs.

"Oh baby are you all sleepy now" Joe coos as Matthew's eyes are rolling in his head.

He puts his empty bottle in the dish washer and carries Matthew upstairs.
He puts Matthew down in his Moses basket and gets ready for bed.
Niamh is asleep so he pulls the covers over her properly and gets in next to her.