Laying in bed with you

It's currently 6am and Niamh can't sleep, she tosses and turns and almost punches joe in the face but skims his face and catches his ear.
"Opps sorry" she whispers.

Joe smiles while still being half asleep and mumbles "what?"

"Sorry  I can't sleep and accidentally punched you" she says tiredly.
Joe smiles and kisses her eye by accident as he has his eyes closed. She giggles a little, "what are you doing?" she mumbles.

"What does it look like... Kissing you?" He smirks.

"Yes but that was my eye" she giggles.

"Are you sure? That left like your lips" he says.

Niamh giggles as Joe puts his arm around her waist and realises she has no top on from last night. "We didn't do anything last night right?" Niamh says as she watches Joe's hand sneak up to her breast again.

Joe shakes his head, "no, you were too warm and took your top off" Joe says, Niamh gives a sigh of relief and smiles at him

"You know I wouldn't do anything you didn't want me to do" he says as he pulls her close.

Niamh smiles "that's good it's just today and tomorrow I'm at my highest point of my cycle and I'm most likely to get pregnant around these two days, and I don't want that" Niamh smiles.

"I understand" he smiles happily as he kisses her cheek.

Niamh giggles and kisses him back "were you up with Matthew last night?" She questions.

"Up and down yes" Joe says.

"Ohh you should of woke me" Niamh says.

"It's fine it was only a few dirty nappies" Joe says.

She nods "did he have a feed at all?" Niamh questions.

"I fed him with the bottle once but he only drank half of it" Joe says.

"Hmm that's not like him" Niamh says.

"Probably after something else" he smiles as he strokes her cheek.

"Was he fussy with it?" Niamh questions.

Joe nods "he makes that little face like he's after the bottle where he keeps opening his mouth for it but as soon as he got hold of the tete he didn't want the milk" Joe explains.

"So he'll probably be hungry when he wakens then?" Niamh asks.

Joe nods and kisses her cheek again, "yes most likely to be" he smiles.

Niamh nods, "oh I just want another hour at least of sleep" she moans.

"No chance" Joe smiles as he can see Matthew kicking his legs up.

"I don't know why I woke so early" she sighs.

"What's playing on your mind?" Joe smiles.

"I don't know" she sighs.

"Is it Matthew?" Joe says.

"Sort of but I'll be okay" Niamh says as she rolls over with her back to Joe.

Joe pulls her close "your not happy Niamhy what's up?" He says.

"I'm fine" she mutters.

Joe looks at her and rests his head on her shoulder. "You know you can talk to me, have I done something wrong?" he asks as he strokes her arm.

She shakes her head, "you've done nothing don't worry" Niamh mumbles.

"Anything you want to talk about?" he asks.

Niamh thinks to herself before shaking her head. She watches as Matthew continues to kick his legs in the moses basket.

"Are you worried about him?" Joe questions as he strokes her hip, Niamh doesn't reply.

Niamh drapes her arm out of bed bed and let's her hand dangle over the side of Matthew Moses basket. Matthew takes hold of her index finger, "Niamhy, Matthew is bothering you in some way isn't he?" Joe asks.

Niamh doesn't reply and she just sighs. Joe gets up out of bed.

Niamh looks over at him then back at Matthew. "What's wrong?" he sighs as he sits down beside Matthew's moses basket.

Niamh looks at him through the corner of her eye and sighs. "Please talk to me babe" he sighs.

"What do got to talk about?" She sighs.

"You don't seem yourself Niamhy" he says.

"I'm fine" she mumbles.

"Well I don't buy the 'I'm fine' anymore" he says as he knows there is something up. "Am I upsetting you?" Joe asks.

"No" she mumbles.

"Is something upsetting you?" he asks.

"No" she says as she sits up and grabs her top.

"Am I moving things too quickly? The proposal?" he asks.

She shakes her head "no, stop blaming yourself" Niamh replies as she picks Matthew up. "It's not your Joe, stop with the questions" she says.

Joe looks at her completely confused by her outburst. Niamh looks over at Joe to see him a bit startled, "sorry" she sighs.

"Do you want a hug?" Joe says.

She nods as she cradles Matthew, Joe pulls her close and kisses her forehead. Niamh looks up at him and smiles, "I feel better now" she smiles.

"Sure?" He says as he raises an eyebrow.

"Eh a little" she says, Joe decides to say no more and kisses her head.

"No one will be awake but let's go downstairs anyway it's a bit stuffy in here" Niamh says.

Joe nods "want me to carry Matty down?" He says.

Niamh nods, "he seems quite content so I'll feed him if he gets restless" she says.