Meanwhile at the studios

Meanwhile in Joe has been at the studios an hour or so and he's with Ellie, "Erm Joe, nice dried up baby dribble you have there" she laughs as she points it out to him as he hasn't realised.

"Matthew!" Joe huffs as he tries to get it off.

"Aw bless, how's Niamh been getting on with him?" she asks.

"He's getting teeth at the moment but she's doing fine...she's getting a bit bored at home as he becomes more and more independent" he says.

"Awe I haven't seen him in ages... I bet he's grown" Ellie smiles.

"He's a little chunk now and anyway you'll see him tomorrow when I take you and Niamh to the airport" joe says.

"I'm suprised Niamh didn't invite you" she says.

"I think she just needs a break" Joe smiles.

"She's going back to Malaysia in June" he says.

"Oh that's lovely" Ellie smiles.

"Afraid I'm not going this time" he laughs.

Ellie smiles a little "really? How long is she going for?" Ellie asks.

"Just a week, I can't get the time off" he says.

She smiles again at him "I bet you can't wait to see Matthew after that one week" she laughs.

Joe nods and smiles, Just then he gets a text from Niamh and his facial expression changes drastically. 'Joe, Matthew's fallen, he bumped his head and he's got a cut he's crying really loudly and I don't know what to do!! X' it reads.

"Oh Christ" Joe mutters.

"What's wrong?" Ellie asks.

"I need to make a call" Joe says as he gets up and dashes off set.

He instantly rings Niamh and when she answers all she can hear is now whining as Matthew has sort of settled and Niamh crying.

"Niamhy?" Joe asks.

"J-j-j-Joe.." She stutters.

"Hey calm down" he says.

"Please what do I do!" She panics.

"You're going to have to take him to A&E" he says.

"No!" Niamh says as she isn't thinking straight.

"Well what do you suggest?" he says.

"What do I do??... Do I call 111 or take him to the doctors" Niamh panics.

"A&E Niamh" Joe says.

"What! No! Social services will get involved thinking I'm abusing him" Niamh panics.

"No they won't Niamh, he just had a tiny fall, I bet he will he absolutely fine" Joe says.

"Oh Matty don't sleep" Niamh says.

"Keep him awake Niamh" he says.

"Joe I need you" she mumbles.

Niamh cries to herself and stands up with Matthew. "Yeah meet you there?" he asks.

"Yes" she whispers.

"Don't panic...I'm sure he's okay...love you" he says.

Niamh puts her phone down and decides to call for a taxi to take her to kings college hospital. Thankfully the taxi comes quickly and she puts Matthew in his carseat.

She buckles him into the car and tells the taxi driver to take her to the A&E entrance. She strokes his cheek as he continues to whimper, Niamh holds out her baby finger for him but he doesn't react like he normally does.

Niamh tries not to cry as she looks down at him. "Oh Matty this is all mummy's fault" she whispers.

She gets out the taxi when they arrive at the hospital and carries Matthew into the A&E.

She grabs a seat and takes him out of his car seat. She looks at him "oh Matty" Niamh says as she looks at the cut in his hair line which really agitates him.

He keeps his hand on his head and cries. A middle aged nurse who's walking by stops and asks if everything is okay.

Niamh is in such a state she can barely speak to her. "Oh okay... Do you want to come with me?" the nurse asks quietly.

Niamh nods and gets up and carries Matthew and lifts his car seat. "Do you want to tell me what happened? The nurse asks as she takes her into a side room.

"I was changing him, I went to reach for the cream and he rolled of the changing mat onto the floor and now he's not interacting with anyone and is dead quiet" Niamh says in a shaky tone.

"Okay... What's his name?" The nurse asks.

"Matthew" she says.

"Hello Matthew, is it okay if you let go of mummy so I can have a look?" The nurse says. "How old is he?" The nurse adds.

"Just turned six months yesterday" Niamh says.

"He's got a cut on his head" she panics.

"Okay don't panic we can glue that up but has he been the same... Like personality wise?" The nurse enquirers.

"No" she says.

"Okay so talk me through his normal personality and habits" she asks as she checks his reflexes and reactions.

"He normal would babble quite a bit and quite frequently, he would eat his fingers or pull my hair or eat my too, he would also grip your fingers and kick his legs and wave his arms about the usual things babies do" Niamh says.

"It maybe down to shock when he fell but more importantly did he cry straight away?" She asks.

Niamh nods and bounces Matthew slightly. "Right that's good, I am going to do a few x-Ray's and a head and neck scan just to be safe... But I think he's fine" the nurse says.