A Monkey in a Zoo

Matthew leans over Joe's arms to Niamh and starts to babble. "Watch out Matthew daddy may dangle you in the monkey enclosure" Niamh laughs.

"Oh I will take you back to your proper family kiddo" Joe laughs.

Matthew continues to watch Niamh and has a big smile on his face.

"Right smiler" Niamh coos.

Matthew sits back up in Joe's arms and looks around. They go into the inside monkey enclosure and Matthew puts his hands on the glass and squeals happily as he can see the monkeys. Niamh takes a photo of him smiling.

Matthew giggles and watches them with his hands on the glass. He breathes rather heavily and starts to dribble everywhere.

Niamh wipes his mouth and smiles at him as Joe keeps a firm hold on him. He starts to bang the glass as he kicks his legs and giggles.

"No Matty you'll scare them" Niamh says as she stops him.

Matthew looks at Niamh very confused. "Joe move him away from the glass" Niamh says.

Joe steps back a bit so the glass is out of Matthew's reach, Matthew squeals and looks at niamh. "Calm it down" she laughs.

Matthew continues to hold onto Joe and looks around the room. Niamh gets her phone out and takes a quick picture of the two of them as Matthew seems really happy.

"Niamh let me take a photo of you and Matthew yeah?" Joe suggests.

"Well smile for me first" she smiles.

Joe smiles and Niamh quickly takes a photo while Matthew is looking in her direction. He leans over and reaches to Niamh as he dribbles everywhere again.

He leans over and reaches to Niamh as he dribbles everywhere again. "Oh" Niamh says as she feels his dribble on her arm.

She gets his bib and wipes his mouth and takes him from Joe. He blows raspberries and rests her head in the crease of Niamh's neck.

They head back outside and start to walk a bit more, Niamh feels Joe take her one hand and she smiles, "It's nice today isn't it" Joe says.

"It really is, it's nice and warmish too" she smiles.

Joe smiles and strokes her head, "especially for mid April" Joe smiles.

She nods and smiles and looks down to see Matthew holding onto her top with his head rested against her shoulder. Niamh sits down on a bench near the flamingos and sits Matthew on her lap.

She gets him a bottle of water out to keep him hydrated. She puts the bottle to Matthews lips and he starts to drink the water.

"Good boy" she smiles as he continues to hold onto Niamh's top while he drinks the bottle.

Joe takes a photo of Niamh sitting with Matthew as its great lighting and Photo is just generally cute.

"Oi I wasn't ready" she laughs.

"It's a nice photo Niamh" Joe says as he shows her the photo.

"Oh okay then" she smiles.

Joe smiles as strokes her knee as she watches Matthew, "Looks like someone's tired and your soaking too" Niamh says as she grabs the changing bag.

"I'll go change him if you like?" Joe asks.

"Oh okay" she smiles as she passes Matthew to Joe, he whines a little.

Joe stands and holds Matthew and takes the changing bag too. He bounces him a little as he is slightly agitated, He reaches out for Niamh and starts to cry as Joe takes him to the toilet area.

"We'll be back to see mummy in a minute, but we need to get your changed first smelly bottom" he says.

Matthew cries against his chest as he gets in the line to use the baby changing unit.

"Shh, it's alright" Joe says as Matthew holds his finger tightly. He bounces Matthew a little and he settles just a little bit.

He stands waiting for a good 10 minutes as it's rather busy, He finally gets Matthew into the changing unit and takes his very dirty nappy off, "oh son that looks sore" Joe says as he wipes him down.

"Let's put some cream on yeah?" he says as he gets the suddo cream out.
He puts it generously on his bottom which makes him whine as its cold.

"Oh I know kiddo, that's not nice" he says, He fixes his nappy and puts his trousers on.

He continues to whine, "come here for a cuddle" Joe coos as he lifts him up and gives him a cuddle and strokes his cheek.

Matthew starts to calm down and drifts off to sleep as Joe takes him back to Niamh.

"Aw bless he's all sleepy now" Niamh laughs as she takes him off Joe and puts him in the buggy and leans the buggy back so he can sleep.

Niamh smiles at Joe "what's up?" Niamh says as Joe is quiet.

"He's got a spot of nappy rash and it looked really sore" Joe says.

"Oh dear, well that'll be fun tonight...he'll probably not sleep" she laughs.

"Maybe a bath in that oilatum you got from the shop?" Joe suggests.

Niamh nods, "sure we can try it and see" she smiles.

"He looks like he's got a spot of eczema on the backs of his legs too" Joe says.

"Oh dear, remind me again later and I'll take a look" she says.

Joe smiles and strokes her hand as she watches the flamingos "I used to love coming to the Zoo as a child... Until I lost my mum... Bank holiday Monday 1994... I was in a pink sun dress with tights and sandles, Chloe wasnt born and well Niell didn't come..." Niamh starts as she watches the flamingos.

"What did you do?" Joe asks.

"Nothing, My heart broke... My world ended and and I cried" Niamh laughs.

"Oh dear...well we'll have to make sure that doesn't happen to Matty when he's older" he laughs as he puts his arm around her shoulder.

"I don't think I'd be able to forgive myself if anything ever happened to him" Niamh says.

Joe smiles, "well nothing will happen" he says.

"I'm still getting tweets Joe" Niamh laughs.

He laughs and watches her on her phone reading through them and replying to some.