Trickles of water

Niamh is now a week overdue and has been up most of the night pacing the bedroom. It's Joe last day at work before Christmas and he has been kept up by Niamh's constant pacing around the bedroom.

"Niamh what's up now?" he asks as she seems to he talking to herself also.

Niamh is breathing heavy too "I... Keep getting contractions" she mutters as she leans against the dressing table.

"How far apart are they?" he asks as he sits up and turns the bedside lamp on.

She bends over a little "Like ever... Ahhh... There's another one like thirty minutes" she says

Joe takes her hand as she seems to he in a lot of pain, "try and get some sleep" he says as Niamh looks slightly panicked.

She shakes her head, "it's more comfortable standing" she says.

"It hurts Joe" she moans.

"Just try and breath through it Niamh" he says as he gets out of bed and walks over to her.

She paces the bedroom again and tries to even out her breathing. She stops and grabs the dressing table again "o-o-oh God another one" she moans.

"So there getting closer together?" Joe asks as he comes round to her side.

He rubs her back and tries to keep her calm, "I don't know" she cries.

"Try to stay calm Niamhy" he says as the sweat is running off her forehead.

She leans over again with her head almost near her stomach, "fuck!!... My... Waters haven't even broken yet and I can't stand the pain" she moans.

"Come on wee man give mummy a break" she cries in pain.

She runs her hand over her bump, Joe turns and looks at the time, "Niamh what about you go for a warm bath see if it moves anything along" he says.

"I'll run you one how about that?" he says and Niamh nods as she slowly sits herself down on the bed, She sits on the bed and bounces herself slightly.

"There you go, baths ready and there's new towels ready for you" Joe smiles.

Niamh gets up slowly off the bed and goes through to the bathroom. "I shall be downstairs if you need me" he smiles as he kisses her cheek.

"Thanks" she moans. Joe knows she's not very comfortable. Niamh gets in the bath and starts to relax a little.

Joe goes and gets a glass of water before coming up to make sure she's okay, "Everything alright there Niamh?" He questions as e pops his head around the bathroom door.

"He's moving an awful lot" she moans.

"He's getting ready to meet you by the sound of it" he smiles as he leaves her to it.

"Do say that" she moans as she starts to feel unwell again. Joe smiles to himself and gets ready for work.

"Joe don't you think it's a bit early?" Niamh says as she comes through to the bedroom with a towel wrapped round her.

"Tube strikes again babe, got to get a bus" he smiles.

"I don't really want to be left on my own" she says.

"It's not funny Joe" she sighs.

"Will you call me when you're on your break?" she asks not in a very happy tone.

He nods and kisses we cheek "don't worry I will" he smiles.

"Why don't you get back into bed and see if you can get a few hours sleep?" he says as she looks knackered. She nods reluctantly and gets into a set of legging and a loose fitting top

"Do you want anything before a go? A glass of water or anything?" he asks as she gets into bed, She sits up and suddenly jolts forward.

She cries out in pain and Joe takes her hands. "Fuck!" She moans as she pulls her one hand away and places it on her bump.

"Contractions again?" he asks.

"Mmm... Worser this time" she mumbles.

Joe sits up on the bed next to her, "keep breathing through them" Joe says as he strokes her hand.

He looks at the clock, "I'm going to be late Niamhy I need to go" he says as he kisses her cheek.

"I don't want you to leave me" she sighs.

Joe kisses her cheek again and gets up "remember if he's decided he wants to appear today call me" he says.

"Please stop saying that, I don't want that to happen when I'm on my own" she says. He smiles at says goodbye and leaves her to it.

She lies back and tries to get some sleep as she doses off quite quickly. Around forty minutes later she wakes again as she starts to feel the pain again, she gets up and sighs. She paces the bedroom again before climbing back into bed again and sleeping on and off for a good few hours.

Once again a few hours later she decides to get up and she feels in the mood for a hot drink so heads downstairs. It's around 8am and she gets a text from Joe, 'everything alright darling?Xx' it reads.

'Yeah just doing myself something to drink going to try and eat too' she replies to him.

'That's good, take it easy Xx' he replies.

Niamh grabs the bread out of the bread bin and puts it in the toaster. She leans against the breakfast bar and texts him back, 'I miss you :(( x'

Joe then replies 'Missing you too' and Niamh smiles. She sighs and then butters her toast which has popped.

Niamh sits herself down at the table and reads through her notifications as she hasn't been on Twitter in ages.

She smiles to herself as loads of people are wishing her good luck for the baby. She decides to send out a tweet saying baby still hasn't arrived but as soon as he does she will post a tweet when she gets time.

She eats her toast and drinks a cup of tea. She decides to keep active and do some cleaning. She decides to keep active and do some cleaning.

She sighs and rubs her bump "oh you what are you even doing in there" she moans as she rubs her bump and then stands up again am goes and gets the post. "Please don't make an appearance without daddy" she moans.

Niamh makes her way back to the lounge with the post and reads the letters which are all addressed to her, "junk mail" she moans as she chucks them in the bin. She sits down on the sofa and tries to drift off to sleep as she is exhausted.
She sits down on the sofa and tries to drift off to sleep as she is exhausted.

By the time she wakes up again it's lunch time. She slowly gets up off the sofa and makes her way to the kitchen when she feels somethings trickle down her leg. She looks down to see a puddle of water and her pyjama bottoms slightly wet, she begins to panic.

Please leave a comment and let us know what you think xxx