Our son

Later on Joe has finished his scenes so they go to pick Matthew up from nursery.

"I wonder how he got on today?" Niamh says quietly.

"We'll find out now" Joe says as he pulls up.

Niamh smiles and they head into the nursery. When they get through the door after entering a code they see Matthew in the quiet area fast asleep.

"Tired I guess" Joe laughs.

"He fell asleep in the sand box around ten minutes ago so I brought him through" the nursery nurse says.

"Aw" Niamh smiles.

Niamh goes over and lifts him up carefully. He starts to stir and whine.

"Shh it's okay, it's just mummy" Niamh says to him and rubs his back.

Niamh thanks them and they get him into the car. Matthew wakes properly and starts to cry.

"Aw there it's okay darling" Niamh coos.

Matthew kicks his legs and cries. Niamh gives him his dummy and gets into the front.

"I know Matty" Niamh says as he continues to whimper and whine. She rolls her eyes and turns around to him, "It's okay" she says as she takes his hand.

"He's probably hungry" Joe says as he keeps his eyes on the road.

"He probably is" Niamh agrees.

Niamh smiles at joe and he drives them home. Niamh sits quietly and doesn't speak to Joe the whole journey.

Once home Niamh gets Matthew out and takes him inside. He stares at her and sucks his thumb instead of his dummy.

He holds her top with his other hand and Niamh takes him into the kitchen and looks in the fridge for his milk.

"What's up sweet pea?... Mummy's getting your milk" Niamh says as Joe comes into the kitchen.

"How about some of that baby food Niamh?" Joe says.

"What the one with sweet potato and ham?" Niamh asks.

Joe nods and smiles. "I don't think he's keen on it" Niamh replies.

"There's stew left over from last night? I could heat it up for him if you want?" Joe suggests.

She nods "you could try it I guess" she smiles.

"Right we man, daddy's getting it sorted" she smiles as she goes to put him in his high chair.

Matthew watches them and smiles. "There's my smiler" Niamh coos as she sits beside him.

He sucks his fingers and watches Joe put some stew in the microwave. He watches as Joe walks over to the two of them.

Matthew smiles as he stands in front of him. "Are you still poorly chubster?" Joe coos.

Matthew gurgles and looks at Niamh, "don't stand for it Matty say I'm not chubby I'm just practicing being really cute" Niamh smiles.

Joe laughs which makes Matthew giggle and suck his fingers as he looks between the two, "I can tell you someone who's really cute wee man and that's your mummy" he coos as he kisses Matthew's cheek in which Matthew pats Joe's face and squeals.