Read through

Niamh heads down the road and to the tube station. She gets on the tube and heads to the studios, After three changes she arrives in Covent Garden and heads to the place where their read through is.

She goes in and sits down before she is handed a script: Niamh gets her phone and highlighters out read for the session.

She sits by herself a little awkwardly as she doesn't really know anyone. Emilia Fox and David Caves come in and sit next to her as their name tags are next to her.

"Hi" she smiles nervously.

"Hi" Emilia smiles happily. "I guess your the new character being shown and your from Holby right?" Emilia smiles.

Niamh nods "yeah I was in Holby until I had my little boy five months ago" Niamh smiles.

"Oh yes, he is gorgeous" Emilia smiles.

Niamh smiles a little and looks down at her script as the director and executive producer and director enter the room.

She reads through her script, "Hi everyone so this is the read through for series 20 episodes 1&2, we are being voice recorded so could you please state your name ID number and what character your playing please" The executive producer says.

Emilia goes first "Hi I'm Emilia Fox, 8646, and I'm playing Pathologist Nikki Alexander" she says.

Next up is David "Hi I'm David Caves, 4780, and I'm playing forensic scientist Jack Hodgson"

Finally they get to Niamh and she reads out what she needs to read "Hi I'm Niamh Walsh, 0724, and I'm playing DI Kaitlyn Barns" she smiles.

They start to read through the script, Once they have read the first script they are allowed a thirty minute break.

Niamh gets up and goes to the toilet, She still feels a little shaky so gets herself some water. She looks at her phone to see a message from Joe, She puts her phone down while she pours herself some water out of a glass jug.

She drinks it slowly, She then picks her phone up and reads the message from Joe. 'How's it going? Matthew was sick again...not good! X' it reads.

Niamh smiles a little "Oh dear poor thing, give him my love, everything's going fine for me xx" she replies
'Up his antibiotic, the doctor said to if he was sick again xx' she double texts him.

Niamh puts down her phone and skims through the next episode script. She heads back and they start to read through the next episode.

She starts to feel better during this read through although with the amount of water she's drank she's dying for the toilet.

As soon as the read through is over she dashes to the toilet as her bladder control isn't good at the moment. Niamh comes out the toilet to see Emilia washing her hands, "sorry I would of stopped and chatted but I have poor bladder control since giving birth to a six pound baby" Niamh says.

"Oh don't worry, it's fine" Emilia smiles as Niamh goes to wash her hands.

Niamh get and her bag and looks at her messages. She sees another one from Joe and reads it, 'Taken Matty for a walk, do you mean me to meet you in Covent Garden ?x' it reads.

'Yeah okay, how are you feeling?xx' she replies.

'Yes loads better and Matthew seems brighter' he replies.

Niamh goes and collects her filming schedules and directors cut scripts, she also gives we clothing details for costume.

"Nice meeting you" Emilia smiles.

"Lovely to meet you too Emilia, see you in two weeks time" Niamh smiles, Niamh heads out to meet Joe.