Something stupid

Niamh sits rather quietly, Niamh looks at Joe nervously then looks down at her phone. "What the hell is wrong? Your so quiet" he whispers as he strokes her knee.

"I've done something stupid" Niamh mutters.

"Like what?" he asks. Joe instantly grabs her wrists and looks at them to see them clear, "God I thought you had done something immensely stupid" Joe says.

"Joe, I'm stressed and all over the place but I'd never do that" she says.

"What have you done now?" He says calmly.

"I eh...called Harry" she stutters.

Joe looks at her "what?" He mumbles.

"He's still in Malaysia, he just said he would explain things to Chloe" Niamh says a little teary eyed.

"Where is he now" Joe mumbles as he takes both her hands.

"I don't know, but I think it was silly, I'm really scared now" she mumbles a tear falling down her face.

"Scared about what huh? I'm with you" he smiles. Niamh smiles a little, "I'm not stupid and I know there's more than just that up with you babe" he says.

"Not here yeah?" She mumbles.

Joe nods, "just know you can tell me anything" he whispers. She gives a little smile and goes to kiss Joe's cheek when someone in the corner of her eye appears at the table.

Joe looks at her as she has seem to have frozen, he looks round also...to see Harry. "Shit!" He hears Niamh mumbles.

Harry taps Chloe on the shoulder, "Happy Birthday princess" he says.
Chloe's mouth drops as she turns around. "I'm here to explain" he says.

"How did you know I was here?" Chloe says in shock.

"Niamh did, but I promise I'm here to explain" he sighs. Chloe looks over at Niamh a little stunned.

"He really does need to explain" Niamh says and Joe nods in agreement.

"I thought you said you hated him" Chloe says.

"He desrves a second chance" Niamh says.

Chloe laughs at her "your so two faced" Chloe says.

"Chlo, Niamh's just looking out for you" Brian says.

"Christ sake I'm old enough to look after myself" Chloe says.

"Dads right Chlo I-" she is cut off by Chloe.

"Shut up you've caused enough mess as it is" Chloe snaps.

"Girls!" Barbara and Brian warn at the same time.

"Chloe that's enough, you'll wake Matthew, now either get Harry a seat and talk it out in a civilised manner or go home!" Barbara says.

"You know what I don't want to talk!" Chloe says as she gets up. "Oh Niamh this is for you" Chloe smirks as she grabs her glass of water and chucks it at Niamh.