But In Dreams- One Shot

"You're too beautiful to be looking so sad, especially not over an asshole," a smooth voice said, causing Nash to lift his head and look at whoever was speaking to him. His eyes met the warm brown eyes of a very handsome man that looked like he walked right out of an Abercrombie & Fitch catalog.

The man was at an angle where he couldn't see the obvious rounded belly he had at 6 months pregnant despite the hoodie he wore and knew if the man knew his situation he would definitely not be talking to him.

His heart fluttered nervously, he wasn't used to any kind of attention because he had never gotten any. Not until Matt at least and it was something Matt would remind him every time Nash doubted their relationship.

"I-I... how do you know I'm sad over someone?" Nash asked after stuttering slightly and flushing at his obvious sign of nerves.

Beautiful people didn't talk to him, they never paid him any attention.

"I know the look," the man replied vaguely and Nash shrugged because he was right. He was sad over someone. He was sad over his asshole of an ex-boyfriend who pretended to accept Nash's pregnancy while looking for a replacement.

Matt could never be by himself and always found another relationship before he left anyone. It was something Nash learned the hard way.

Matt left him alone in an apartment he couldn't afford by himself with a child on the way that he had no idea how he would support. 

His miserable job at the local Walmart paid peanuts and even with Matt's income, they were barely making it.

Nash had no idea what he was going to do.

He was well out of range to get an abortion and he doubted that he could do it even if he had the opportunity.

He was attached to the small life growing inside of him and he worried about how he would care for a child when he couldn't even care for himself.

He was desperately searching for a small studio to move into but his low pay made landlords wary of renting to him. They worried, and rightly so, that he would be perpetually behind on paying his rent. It was a business and Nash couldn't blame them for being cautious. He knew he had limited time, his current landlord would be starting eviction proceedings any moment, he was already behind 2 months, and Nash knew he would end up on the street. He was terrified of being alone, pregnant and homeless but he saw no solution for his problem. It seemed inevitable.

"I'm Cameron," the man introduced himself as he sat down next to Nash on the park bench.

"Nash," he replied quietly as his eyes fell to the ground, he could feel Cameron's gaze on his body and knew that the hoodie didn't really do much to hide his belly. It was already a size too small and Nash had no money to buy new clothes.

Cameron's eyes raked over the body of the man who sat on the bench looking utterly miserable yet absolutely beautiful at the same time. His eyes widened slightly with surprise at the tell-tale sign of pregnancy and while that was something that would have made him stand and awkwardly say goodbye, something about the man drew him in and made him stay seated next to him.

"Sometimes... talking about things makes me feel better. It's kind of cliche but... I'm here to listen if you want to talk." He offered impulsively and knew the offer was absolutely out of character for him. Cameron was self-aware, he realized that for the most part he was a selfish, vain individual. But he wanted to talk to the mysterious blue-eyed beauty, he wanted to hear his story.

"You don't even know me..." Nash replied glumly, he continued to look down at his hands, he's sure Cameron has realized his situation but for some reason has decided to remain seated next to him and even engage him in conversation. He also knew that as soon as he heard his story he would no longer be interested in him. Who would want a broke pregnant young adult with no future?