Lost in You Part Two

Third Person POV

Nash stares at Jack incredulously, he can't believe that the boy he's considered his best friend is actually sitting on the lap of the boy that's bullied him, the boy that influenced Cameron to ignore him for months. Jack knows all of that and he always seemed so sympathetic to Nash's complaints and yet there he is. Nash knows Jack hid this from him and that just means Jack knows how messed up it is to date someone who made your supposed best friends life worse.

He stands quietly as Cameron greets his friends, his eyes are locked on Jack's and only when he hears his name does he tear his gaze away from him.

"This is Nash, he's my boyfriend." Cameron introduces Nash, he's not ashamed of Nash at all. He realizes that Gilinsky was completely wrong about the sweet boy who has captured his heart. Nash doesn't deserve to be treated the way Gilinsky treats him, he's so kind hearted and tender. Cameron feels like such an asshole whenever he thinks about how he treated Nash. He knew that Nash had a crush on him, it was obvious by how Nash nervously greeted him every day. There's so many things he wishes he had done differently just to avoid hurting Nash but he can't so he plans to make up for it as much as possible.

Gilinsky scoffs and Cameron raises an eyebrow at him, he's prepared to let his friendship with Gilinsky go if the other boy doesn't change his attitude. The rest of his friends smile and wave at Nash making Gilinsky look like the asshole he's being.

Jack slides off of Gilinsky's lap and stands up. "Can we talk?" He asks Nash quietly.

Nash contemplates ignoring Jack for lying to him by omission but he decides he's not that kind of person so he nods at him and then follows him until they're a few feet away from the booth.

"I'm sorry, I know how fucked up it seems. I was just scared to tell you because of how... Gilinsky treats you." Jack starts off, he's struggling with what to say to Nash because he knows there's really no excuse. He should have been honest from the start.

"You mean because of how he bullies me," Nash corrects Jack, Jack is a little taken aback, he's not used to Nash being so direct.

There's an awkward silence between the two friends and Nash looks at him with a frown on his face.

"I can't control who you date obviously, you like who you like but I wish you had been honest with me. That's what makes me upset the most." Nash says after a few more moments of silence, Jack nods because he knows Nash is completely right.

"I know... I'm sorry. Forgive me, please?" Jack pleads because he truly does consider Nash to be his best friend, he doesn't want to lose him. He's ashamed to think about how he assumed Cameron wouldn't bring Nash to anywhere public on their date, he had pitied Nash when Nash had excitedly told him that he and Cameron were going on their first date.

Nash nods because he and Jack have been friends for years, he won't let one incident derail their entire friendship. The two friends hug and then walk back to the booth, Cameron gives Nash a smile and wraps his arm around his waist. He doesn't sit down because he doesn't plan to stay with his friends long, he wants to continue his date with Nash. His parents are on a getaway for the weekend so it's just him and his sister at the house, he plans on asking Nash if he wants to spend the rest of their night at Cameron's house. He thinks Nash will say yes but he's still nervous about asking.

They don't stay much longer with Cameron's friends, Cameron says goodbye and they change out of their ice skates and head out to Cameron's car. Nash assumes Cameron will drop him off at his house.

Cameron turns his body towards Nash and strokes his cheek tenderly with his thumb. "Do you want to hang out at my house until your curfew? My parents are gone for the weekend."