The Art Part One

A/N- I'm going to finish Best Mistake, just stuck on it. So I started this one before the inspiration left.

Nash Grier. That's the name on everyone's lips during the Summer Olympics. Everyone is expecting him to bring home the most gold medals for the U.S.

He went from being swimmer for a local club in North Carolina to winning the U.S Nationals and qualifying for the Olympics in the span of 1 year.

Everyone looks at him as some sort of Cinderella story but I know better. I know the years sacrifice it takes to become an athlete of Nash's caliber. I know the hours of training that have to be put in, the pain that it takes to get there.

I'm determined to show America the true story of Nash Grier, it wasn't luck or chance that brought him to the main stage. It was blood, sweat and tears.

When I was given the option to cover an athlete for the sports magazine that I'm employed by there was no question in my mind. I wanted to cover Nash Grier.

So here I am a few days before the start of the Olympics, I have an all access pass. I'm going to be following around Nash during his time here, I'm taking pictures and asking questions and when I'm done, I'm going to write the best article of my career.

I glance at my watch, he's supposed to be arriving now with his father. I've heard conflicting stories about his personality but to be fair it's not easy to be a hormonal teenager.

I used to be a swimmer, until I had a career ending injury, it was difficult, I can't deny it. It was the hardest time in my life but I find writing about sports was therapeutic. I love being surrounded by athletes, it's what I know.

I finally spot the tall teenager followed by his father. The father I've heard can be a little bit of a stage father, but to be honest so was my mom when I was swimming. The parent is there to protect their child from being taken advantage of.

Nash has his headphones on and I study him while he's not looking, I like to do that just to get a sense of who he is before the public persona takes place.

His father stops in front of me, charming smile on his face, Nash stops behind his father his attention solely on the phone is in his.

"Cameron Dallas?" He asks and I nod, we shake hands and he steps aside.

"Nash." He says and Nash takes off headphones, our eyes meet. I've seen pictures I've read about them but nothing prepared me for gazing into his ocean blue eyes.

And I fall. Hard.

He's 17. Fuck my life.

He smiles at me, and that smile makes my heart race. I shake his hand and I begin to walk with him. He's taller than me, but tall is good when it comes to swimming.

I don't ask him the stupid questions like 'do you swim for fun?', the answer is always no. If you're in the pool, you're training.

His father walks ahead of us and I'm quiet at first, I haven't been interested in anyone since Shawn.

Shawn, the soft spoken musician who broke my heart.

"What are you listening to?" I ask as I nod to his phone.

"Drake," he replies and I smile, I should have known.

"Is that what you listen to before a meet?" He smiles and nods.

"It gets me pumped up, I want like water proof headphones for when I warm up, that should be a thing," he comments as we reach the Olympic village.

"It might be a thing," I reply and we stand together as his father checks us in.

"Are you friends with anyone on the team?" I ask because I know it can be cut throat at times.